Auto battery discharge.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

So I understand that the intelligent battery will auto discharge of not used for 9 days. Looks like I'm in for a stormy week with high winds here and won't be able to get out to fly much at all. Can the auto discharge happen while th3 battery is installed into the phantom 3? Or dome need to take the battery out when I can't get out to fly for a week or so? What are people's suggestions? Maybe I should just run the battery down indoors with no rotary on, is that a good idea? If so how far should I run the battery down to 1 solid green or 1 solid green 1 flashing? What is the ideal led on the intelligent battery for storage?
Thank you for the answers in advance.
2016-2-1
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Bhujang. I'm surprised you had no reply to this. From what I have read if your not going to fly for about a week you need to leave the battery on around 50%. But make sure you fully charge it before you fly. If you look in the advanced user manual within the app there is a section about the battery that addresses your question. I know what you mean about the weather, I'm in the North West of England and from the day I bought my P3A 10 days ago there have been gale force winds every day. I have only flown a couple of times around midnight when the wind has dropped a little.
2016-2-7
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

hi Tintin, thanks for the reply. Yes i found the info int he app manuals in the end. Yes another stormy day here! I think her name is Imogen now that Henry has run out of wind, looks like they are going through the alphabet lets hope its stops at I The DJI charger really does need a storgae and discharge ability. How can they call it a professional kit without that ;)
2016-2-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Run it down to two solids.  By the way, I would reset the timeout on the battery to something shorter than the 10 day default.  I'm currently set at 3.  And, if you hit the battery check function (press the button once), it will reset the timer if it hasn't run down yet.  So, just let it be and check it  5-6 days down the line to see if it properly discharged.  Mine go down to 2 solid, 1 flashing when I let it auto-discharge.  If you have an IR thermometer, you can see when it is discharging.  You can just barely tell the difference in temperature with your fingers, as it is a very slow (several days) discharge rate and only raises the temperature about 1 to 1.5F higher on the IR thermometer.  I keep one discharged and one charged and compare to the one that is already discharged to see if it has started the process.
2016-2-7
Use props
Gilan
lvl.1
United States

yes with all the problems of crashes and some times batteries being suspect you would think this to be a more important subject for discussion
2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules