night video recording
707 4 2016-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jprepoudis
New

Greece

hello from greece.my friends i want to help me and if you have the answers about my topic.when i recording in the daylight all is perfcet but when i reocording in night hours the quality its not so good.can you tell me some settings?
2016-2-1
Use props
Jprepoudis
New

Greece

hello from greece.my friends i want to help me and if you have the answers about my topic.when i recording in the daylight all is perfcet but when i reocording in night hours the quality its not so good.can you tell me some settings?
2016-2-1
Use props
ElMarto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24229 ft
Canada

Low-light images and videos will always produce noise. That's because the gain (ISO) has to be raised in order to get a proper exposition. The higher the ISO, the more noise you will get.

There are quite a few tools out there to reduce the noise in still images. Lightroom has a few options, and there is also the NIK collection from Google that is pretty good with that.

However, I have not worked enough with videos to know if the same exists for movies (but I would be surprised if nothing was available).
2016-2-1
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

For video, it's going to be really tough. Unlike a still photo you can't just increase the shutter length, as it can't be slower then your frame rate.

If you are shooting night, I'd advise shooting at 24fps instead of 60fps, as it will allow for a slower shutter speed.  Put it into manual, set the ISO to 100 and set the shutter speed as low as it will go, which for 24fps is 1/25 sec I think (normally you would try to use 2x the FPS, which would be 1/50sec for 24FPS) and see how it looks. From there all you can do is try increase the ISO if it is to dark, however every time you increase the ISO, the quality will get worse. I've found ISO400 and above to be pretty much unuseable for video in low lighting, as everything becomes soft mush.

Unfortunately small sensored camera like the one in the Phantom just are not up to the task of low light video if you want really good quailty. Fr something like this, the Inspire with the X5 camera would be much more suitable.
2016-2-1
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

the fun is in the testing.  one or two batteries will tell you what oyu need.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules