9254 66 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technical support for Inspire 1 customers. If you have any questions or concerns about your Inspire 1, please contact DJI anytime, in English or Chinese, starting from 9:00am, January 5, 2015 (GMT+8). Thes ervice extension to other product lines is under evaluation. You can reach us by:

1.  Live Chat at: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1
Simply click the“Live Chat” button and leave your name, phone number, location, productSerial Number, and a brief description of your issue. Our service team will respond within one hour.

2.  E-mail to: Inspire1@dji.com
Send an e-mail containing your name, phone number, location, product Serial Number and brief description of your issue and our service team will contact you within one hour.

3.  DJI regional offices during local working hours:
North America
Call +1 (818) 235-0789, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm PST or e-mail us.support@dji.com

EU Member Countries
Call+49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Central Europe time, or e-mail support.europe@dji.com

Japan
E-mail support.jp@dji.com

We are ready to serve you and answer any questions you may have about your Inspire 1.

Sincerely,
DJI

2015-1-3
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know. Thanks!
2015-1-3
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent an email with a request this morning regarding Inspire.  Received an appropriate and helpful response within 20 minutes.

It's a very good sign.
2015-1-4
Use props
richard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 990781 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent them an email regarding the battery delivery / availability and within 45 minutes I received a phone call from them.  The gentleman spoke broken english but said it would be about 3 weeks before the individual batteries would be available.  I did preorder (3) on B&H and he said the same for pre-orders too.... 3 weeks.  

cheers,
2015-1-4
Use props
dancuff
lvl.2

United States

I contacted Live Chat to see when my FIRST round ordered Inspire might ship and to ask why others who ordered after me have already received tracking numbers. They couldn't help.
2015-1-4
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Mr. Ed, may I call you Tahoe? There is a lot of scuttlebutt flying around about this 24/7 service. Many detractors are saying it is because the Inspire is not a reliable vehicle and will require a lot of attention. I, optimistically, feel it is a beginning of better service. I remember when I bought a high-end computer, I got a better level of service from the company. I figure that is what is going on here. However, you have flown this bird from the early days. In your opinion, is this a solid vehicle? From your reports, I'd say yes.
2015-1-4
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-1-5 01:17
Mr. Ed, may I call you Tahoe? There is a lot of scuttlebutt flying around about this 24/7 service. M ...

pete, i dont think that. the inspire will be is as reliable as most other quadcopters on the market. I mean the parts of multikopters are kind of similar and the only difference to other copters is the transformation feature. They give a special service to this product because its expansive and for semi pro users unlike the phantom series. Thats why you have to give the inspire into servive every 50 flight hours
2015-1-4
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-1-5 01:49
pete, i dont think that. the inspire will be is as reliable as most other quadcopters on the marke ...

Must service Inspire every 50 hours. Really?

May I ask where you got that from?
2015-1-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-1-5 01:17
Mr. Ed, may I call you Tahoe? There is a lot of scuttlebutt flying around about this 24/7 service. M ...

You can call me anything you want except late for dinner.  The Inspire is a great craft.  I have one sitting in front of me right now.  It is ready for CES starting tomorrow.  The service is meant to accommodate our customers that will buy this craft.  We have channels for the Ronin users as well.  I am thinking that this service will expand but it is like anything, money and time.  We will see.  I am personally excited about the possibilities.
2015-1-4
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-5 02:01
You can call me anything you want except late for dinner.  The Inspire is a great craft.  I have on ...

Exactly what I hoped to hear. One sentence from you cancels out a boatload of speculation.
2015-1-4
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

metalios Posted at 2015-1-5 02:01

I think that is an FAA concession. The equivalent to those catalytic converter O2 sensors. This comes from the manual....and the Inspire keeps a flight log and totals up the flying hours. Just like a real aircraft, actually.
2015-1-4
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

its somewhere in the manual or safety instructions
2015-1-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to hear from DJI on this one. This doesn't seem right. You may have to check a few settings and tighten a screw or two. What I am getting from this is that I would have to package the Inspire up and send it in for service.
2015-1-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is a recommendation not a mandatory requirement.  You can choose to ignore it or not.  
2015-1-4
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

I'm really hoping this is not because DJI is expecting problems to happen.
I'm really optimistic about the Inspire.
2015-1-4
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United States

i have been flying around the inspire for the past 2 days.  had some problems with the firmware, but i got it.  This craft is flawless..
2015-1-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am on my second one and I am waiting for my final production unit.  They have all performed well for beta test units.  Each model and every update to the App has added many features.  
2015-1-4
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,
We are conducting this new service in hoping to bring up our customer service to a new level. Due to the huge number phantom owners, and variety version of products, it is hard to start with phantom. Inspire is a perfect sample for this, as it is brand new, and the product is just started shipping. And we are hoping to expand the same service for all product lines, but like Ed said, money and time.

the 50 hour maintenance check is recommended not required, you can perform the check by yourself or send it to DJI service center. In fact, I believe all users on this forum will check the craft probably before and after every time their fly, the 50 hour recommendation is mostly for new users to drones. As a matter of fact, Phantom and even lower end FC40 will need such check as well to maintain the craft at the best condition.

Thank you
2015-1-4
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-1-5 02:53
I would like to hear from DJI on this one. This doesn't seem right. You may have to check a few sett ...

Hi Rodger,
You can do the check by yourself, not necessary to send it in. But we will be happy to help if needed.
2015-1-4
Use props
mckcdr
lvl.1

United States

So the check, are we talking about using the phantom assistant and calibrating the IMU and such?  As a owner of both the Phantom V2 and V2+ I do this pretty much weekly.  I have found that the V2 flys better and I have a lot more trust in it.
2015-1-5
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys, we all have to remember anything has a lifespan. If you want problem free flight you should perform proper maintenance. What I do hope for is DJI to release a list of parts that should be replaced and or checked.
2015-1-6
Use props
INDI
New

Colombia

DONDE ME PUEDO INSCRIBIR EN EL PROGRAMA DE PILOTOS DE DJI PARA ESTE AÑO 2015????
2015-1-6
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

Inspire support is good until the moment i ask them some advance technical question.. looks like i have to find the answer myself once i have it in my hand.
2015-1-6
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

INDI Posted at 2015-1-7 08:01
DONDE ME PUEDO INSCRIBIR EN EL PROGRAMA DE PILOTOS DE DJI PARA ESTE AÑO 2015????

Esa misma pregunta me la he hecho, hay que esperar que publiquen la ciuidad ya sea en Latino america o en USA, ya que en Miami hay una gran posibilidad de usuarios quiza pudieran hacerlo en Espanol .
2015-1-6
Use props
mundaansari
New

Pakistan

Subscribe to our channel around there you too it subscribe button um and other if you like over Face book page which is right there dot face book dot com forward slash group wheelchair Anna just like Absolute Derma the page and we're going to draw name tomorrow at noon a maybe during our video and I would not choose somebody this going to win this book so I'll alright your YouTube which number this row federal Member yes I did on me fruit in a hymn  no yahoo mail sent him an email message I'm is a question she it says the I've always liked tried to use the heart that comes with it my questions this craze mention anything about tattoos to our bodies before or receiving Christ and what does the Bible say about tattoos appear button piercings thank you for your time god bless you guys a is as members were the question is does Jesus mention anything about used to our buddies the zebra desired or say anything about that yeah gem what is the I guess is asking does he mention it I'm guessing he's asking of the really is a specific server but think is asking the cheeses as in with the Gospels yeah chin that is good or bad X them I would say specifically does a yeah we do here yeah okay so time you want to start is up .
2015-1-7
Use props
gregsbobcat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7881 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Would just like a uncomplicated answer on when my order is coming . Paid for it on Nov 18th and just keep getting very vague answers. I would like to know if anyone from Australia has got one yet?
I appreciate that you had to fix things but the lack of information isn't a good look on DJI part.
2015-1-12
Use props
darrenrdavis1
lvl.1

United States

I emailed them two days ago, regarding a problem with my gimbal and yesterday received an email to contact USA support because I am in the USA.  I then sent an email to them yesterday and received an automated response stating they have received my request and that it is being reviewed by their support staff.  

Today, no call, email, nothing, so I tried the online chat, and was told to contact DJI by phone because the online chat is apparently staffed by folks in China.  I then called DJI, and was on hold for 15 minutes before the call was disconnected.  I tried calling back (at 1:30 PST DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS) and received the recording that they are current closed, and to call back during normal business hours.

This support is not near what they are advertising.
2015-1-12
Use props
synthomaticsoun
New

Italy

I want an explanation and then a solution! Are you kidding me? is a serious structural defect. I spent 3000 euro for a product that does the Twerking like miley cyrus. How many hours of flight will have? the plastics junction will be solicited in little time and will be opened, the frame will break !! I asked if I could return the model to my dealers who obviously did not accept. I have a drone defective and must pay the consequences. If you do not find a solution, this, time to make a big hole in the water, DJI.
2015-1-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

synthomaticsoun Posted at 2015-1-13 17:00
I want an explanation and then a solution! Are you kidding me? is a serious structural defect. I spe ...

The Inspire is not a defective design. There may be individual issues but not in the design itself.  If you feel your unit is damaged and your dealer will not assist then contact DJI directly.  People tend to ignore the thousands that are flying happily and producing great videos.  Yes there will be issues for a few no product is 100% defect free, even military grade.  The few crashes that have actually occurred will be examined by DJI.  There're flight data logs that provide information as to what actually happened in the crash.
2015-1-13
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-13 23:55
The Inspire is not a defective design. There may be individual issues but not in the design itself. ...

I love my Inspire ,the first flight was scarey as she is so big .After that it has been fairly easy ,the same as my vision+ .I used support once and was impressed although I did not get the answer I wanted .They were very helpful and double checked on the server problem .After owning 3 drones from DJI ,I am a very happy customer who has had hours of fun and challenged my brain to learn something new .Thanks.
2015-1-13
Use props
synthomaticsoun
New

Italy

I have not had an accident ... but I need a spare part for the arm
2015-1-15
Use props
skinleverton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Can we clarify something, I have just done the V01.02 firmware update as instructed reference the drift. Before i started the "overall Status said (firmware is latest).. i've now completed it and guess what,, it now says firmware is latest. Can you see whats happening here.

If you are about to do it and have been reading this could you check the Aircraft state screen and confirm Overall status...
2015-1-15
Use props
maybz
lvl.2

United States

Sent two 'live chat' messages yesterday and have yet to get a reply from anyone at DJI. They say they'll contact me in an hour. Hah.
2015-1-16
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've contacted the live chat a few times and I have to say got, good to excellent replies, and of all the bigger tickets items I've brought electronic or not, this is a first for me. Actual help online for all my daft questions and queries.

Thank you DJI! And I'm not taking the p... it's just my thoughts.
2015-1-17
Use props
synthomaticsoun
New

Italy

After all the hell we are going through dji can do at all a nice gift. Add the CINEMA DNG for shooting video. You will see that then passes the anger at all
2015-1-17
Use props
pbofavl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307631 ft
United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-1-5 14:00
Hi All,
We are conducting this new service in hoping to bring up our customer service to a new level ...

Dear DJI,

Could we please have a separate section of the forum for inspire 1 bug tracking only?

The inspire 1 forum seems like it's all over the place.

Once section dedicated to inspire 1 bugs, that's monitored by DJI and regularly receives official responses like:
unconfirmed, under investigation
confirmed resolved by...
confirmed, not resolved, under investigation,
etc...

would be immensely helpful.

A lot of us realize this product is on the cutting edge, and that bugs will be discovered as the product matures, but having an easy to navigate, official bug reporting procedure with timely responses is something everyone could benefit from.

Thanks for considering this.

If there already is such a portal dedicated to the insprie 1, forgive me for not finding it and let me know where it is.
2015-1-17
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-13 23:55
The Inspire is not a defective design. There may be individual issues but not in the design itself. ...

I will totally agree! I was at a drone user event this weekend with lots of people that have built there own and lots of people who have purchased Phantoms and there were 2 of us that had inspires, Lots of people that actually got to look at the QUALITY and DESIGN of the Inspire were very impressed with it once they actually seen it in person! Many didn't know what to think about it till they actually held one in there hands! They talked about how solid it felt! That it didn't feel like a light weight plastic toy! And if I had a dollar for everyone of them that raved about the quality and design and how well thought out it was. I wouldn't have to show up for my day job Monday lol Well maybe I would but the moral of the story is its NOT A DEFECTIVE DESIGN! Its a MASTERPIECE and I've very glad that I own one! Well done DJI!!!!!
2015-1-17
Use props
nicholasbowersm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5282280 ft
United States

It's an incomplete product. It won't even launch from a boat In calm seas. Dji technical support has been so far from acceptable it would take years of reform and/or spending some of the heaps of cash on real educated support employees.  Technical support admitted to me after over an hour of useless Prattle that they didn't know why it couldn't launch from a 100' boat in a calm ocean.  For details reference the thread on phatompilots forum called "won't launch from a boat so I'm selling". All of the info is there so please don't relpy to this with any basic questions.  I want a software update that add a minimum brings the inspire up to par with the pedestrian Phantom 2's abilities.i've use the phantom to extensively in the same environment and far more extreme environments with great success. I would also like to see some of the features on the pilot app removed if they aren't going to work.it's pretty frustrating when there are features that don't work.  IE logically the unlock motors feature would be a solution in this situation.  
2015-1-18
Use props
max.email
New

Australia

Hi,

Finally got my inspire 1 ... not before xmas as indicated when ordering, but eventually. I looks great, but i can't seem to get it out of travel mode. When i switch it on it just beeps at me, and toggling the switch 4 times does nothing. The remote lights up green, indicating that it is connected to the drone.

24h "live" support don't seem to be around. Anyone have any ideas?

Max
2015-1-18
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

max.email Posted at 2015-1-19 13:49
Hi,

Finally got my inspire 1 ... not before xmas as indicated when ordering, but eventually. I look ...

Max, when you say toggling the switch, which switch are you toggling?
2015-1-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules