What is WiFi used for?
1442 14 2016-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

In the settings section of the Go app there is a WiFi section with blanks for SSID and password.  What does this do?

Everything seems to work fine without filling in those blanks.

2016-2-2
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

What model do you have? The WiFi piece I believe is used only for the Standard version as it uses WiFi to control the craft. The Advanced and Pro version do not use Wifi.
2016-2-2
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

I have the Advanced.  WiFi isn't mentioned in the ~50 page manual.  Might be nice for DJI to remove the WiFi section of settings if a P3A is connected to avoid confusion.

2016-2-2
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-2 11:33
I have the Advanced.  WiFi isn't mentioned in the ~50 page manual.  Might be nice for DJI to remove  ...

Best practice for Software development is not to remove menu items but to grey them out so they are disabled with a description next to it like "Used for Standard version only".
2016-2-2
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

yes, the WIFI is for the STandard version, it allows you to change the pw that your device uses to connect to controller.   In the standard version you do not connect your controller to your device using a cable, you have to do it wifi.
2016-2-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As stated above it is for the standard. The  advanced and Pro are connected to your smart device via cable.
2016-2-3
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes but I have the p3p and updated to (IOS) 2.6 and the wifi option is there ;-)
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you post a screen shot?
And are you on the latest 2.6 GO APP version.
Delete and reinstall the app (sync your flight records first.)
2016-2-3
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

probably a bug just like the 1080 60fps option was in two revisions ago for standard users...and it worked fine, but then was removed when the next revision came out because it wasnt allowed for the standard.
2016-2-3
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 00:24
Can you post a screen shot?
And are you on the latest 2.6 GO APP version.
Delete and reinstall the  ...

I figured out what it is.  When you run the app without the RC connected it shows the Phantom 3 Standard by default.  Then when you click Enter Camera View you see the WiFi menu section instead of the HD menu section, because the app is assuming you have a Standard.

Sometimes I like to go into the app without the RC or copter powered up to review what settings are available etc.

2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-4 04:20
I figured out what it is.  When you run the app without the RC connected it shows the Phantom 3 Sta ...

Ahhh, I see.
Yes, whatever you have flown on your device after the first time then you can go into that aircraft menu whenever you want.
2016-2-3
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 04:36
Ahhh, I see.
Yes, whatever you have flown on your device after the first time then you can go int ...

Really?  I have flown my P3A a half dozen times using this Android device, same software, and I can't make it say anything but Standard when I run the app without the RC connected.
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-4 05:01
Really?  I have flown my P3A a half dozen times using this Android device, same software, and I ca ...

Tap the blue down arrow or anywhere in that box and another tab will open up that says Advanced and Pro.
2016-2-3
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 05:03
Tap the blue down arrow or anywhere in that box and another tab will open up that says Advanced and ...

I don't know, it's inconsistent.  Sometimes GO opens up and shows the DJI Inspire 1 Pro (IIRC), and I can swipe left to go to the Phantom family, and see that arrow to pull down and pick Advanced.  But I have to be quick, after a few seconds it moves to Phantom 3 Standard and there is no more left/right swipe or arrow no matter where I tap.  And other times when I run the app (after exiting completely out with the Android back button) it goes right to Standard and there is no arrow or swiping.

This is the 2.5 app on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

It isn't a big deal, and I don't *need* to run the app without the copter attached, it is just inconsistent.  

2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-4 07:34
I don't know, it's inconsistent.  Sometimes GO opens up and shows the DJI Inspire 1 Pro (IIRC), an ...

If you open it without the aircraft powered up, it can open and go to all of the products that use the GO app.
2016-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules