A tale of Three P3 Pros
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

Well after a software upgrade to my first P3 Pro that resulted in a fly away out in the desert I bought a new one from a local hobby shop instead of online. Good thing as I get it home and the camera was dead. Took it back and they confirmed it and gave me another which appears to be ok. Firmware 1.4 should work and no up grade this time. Learned my firmware lesson the hard way.
2016-2-2
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

Yah i paid $480 for a new remote yesterday due to a firmware update.   Gonna be a long time before i attampt to update again
2016-2-2
Use props
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

afiend69 Posted at 2016-2-2 12:18
Yah i paid $480 for a new remote yesterday due to a firmware update.   Gonna be a long time before i ...

Yep I hear you.
2016-2-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@afiend69, and @gbrenema! Eh guys very sorry to hear about both of your troubled experiences.  

With the fly away, how long had you actually looked for it, before going ahead and repurchase your newest one?
Was that flights history not recorded on your app, helping enable your recovery of that wayward bird?
Did you send any flight data over to the www.healthydrones.com analysis website ?
I am not sure if you had a previous thread posted here, about that most uneventful flight.

@gbrenema, please explain why the second RC was necessary to buy, after a firmware debacle?
If it was Firmware fault, why wasn't it covered under warranty by @DJI themselves?

Anyway, I hope that you both can enjoy your models, now.

A new Go app version was released last night... 2.6.0 ;-)
Not suggesting, just mentioning in passing. Thinking out loud.
I am usually one of the first to leap into a new version,
ah but from now on, waiting to hear of any hidden Easter Eggs...

RedHotPoker
2016-2-2
Use props
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-2 13:09
@afiend69, and @gbrenema! Eh guys very sorry to hear about both of your troubled experiences.  

Wit ...

I posted about the loss else where and spent several days hiking around the last known position in very rough desert canyons. Will use the new one for air recon.Have not given up yet. Putting a tracker on this one. DJI will not do a thing since I do not have something for them to look at. Yes I am using Healthy Drones.
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules