DJI Phantom 3 4K only 480 live view
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Big Easy Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 856 ft
United States

I just noticed in my new DJI Phantom 3 4K specs that the app live view is only 480 and not 720 hd like the other phantom 3 series.
So whats up with that, You pay more to get less now.
I should of read the full specs on dji's site before I bouight it, I could of just got the DJI Phantom 3 Advance for the same price

Now if I can only find the refund button on amazon :-)
2016-2-3
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

How are you getting less for more?

You are getting 4k video, a better controller,  screw in filters.

Yes you could have gotten the advanced, but then you wouldn't have 4k recording anymore, which is pretty much the only reason to buy the Phantom 3 4k over th Phantom 3 standard. If you didn't want the 4k, why buy it?
2016-2-3
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

China

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-4 11:53
How are you getting less for more?

You are getting 4k video, a better controller,  screw in filters ...

Exactly.

Is that difference in liveview really a big deal. I would definitely go for the Advance over the 4K but not for that reason.
2016-2-3
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's the big problem with the p3 4K .. and one that's easy to miss.
The P3 4K is just to sucker those that think they have to have 4K video.
The Advanced is twice the quadcopter for the same money.
2016-2-3
Use props
ferrari607
lvl.1

United States

The p3 advanced uses lightbridge as well... The phantom 3 4K uses wifi do for the video... The p3 advanced and professional by far are better quads than the 4K... Unless u "really" need that 4K
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

In fact you are not getting less... It's just a matter of choice... For some users resolution is more important then the life view, for others 1080P is more then enough and they want better FPV experience
2016-2-3
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Don't worry. As soon as Dji sells off all the advanced models, firmware will bump live feed to 720p in the fcc documents, the specs are more than capable of 720p has max wifi bitrate at 54mbps
2016-2-3
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

You can be sure GoPro won't release anything with less than 4K and a 720p live feed. Just a smart corporate move on dji's part at the moment. Stick with their newest products.
2016-2-3
Use props
Big Easy Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 856 ft
United States

I got the Phantom 3 4K mostly to shot 1080 60FPS since it was taken away in my Phantom 3 Standard firmware update
Plus I like the controller over the standard's one, and I really don't need the distance of the P3A

I'll guess I'll hold on to it for a while and see what any other updates bring
2016-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules