something wrong with the camera P3A
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

Hi, in every image are the same problem, left side specially left lower corner are blurry, lens is clean no problem there...
This is a new drone just got it about a week ago, images been like this from the start.
sample image
20160205-DJI_0009.jpg
20160205-DJI_0009e.jpg
2016-2-5
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

cannot see your attachment
2016-2-5
Use props
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

2016-2-5
Use props
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

2016-2-5
Use props
diogolang
New

Brazil

Same thing here..
2016-2-5
Use props
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

I think the problem is worse on still images, video is at least ok.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What temperature are you operating in. You may get some focal shift if you are below 0 celsius.
The operating temperature is 0-40c
2016-2-5
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I might be wrong, but I think the issues is your lens is fogging up due to the weather.
One simple trick to see if that is the issue is Liquid Dish Soap – Some people use a small drop of (mild) dish soap on a soft cloth and apply it to the inside of the lens, then let it dry and buff just enough of it off to provide clear vision.  
2016-2-5
Use props
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-5 20:58
What temperature are you operating in. You may get some focal shift if you are below 0 celsius.
The  ...

Well I have been shooting few times and temperature has been around -5 to +1 celsius, i think I need to take some pictures inside the house and if the problem is still there, then it is not about the temperature. I will add sample picture after I have done this.
2016-2-6
Use props
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

picture taken inside, no fog on the lens... lens is clean, but still the left lower corner blurry, not good not at all

2016-2-6
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

My first P3P that  I got replaced due cracks in the hull had a camera that video and picture was crisp and sharp.
Now I have sent in the replacement drone for the second time to have the camera fixed.
Picture are unsharp and blurry compared to the first drone. Overall lower quality on the whole picture and some spot like yours with serious unsharp areas.
Seem that they have a batch of cameras out here that are crap.
So raise a support ticket and send it in or take to your dealer. This time a send it back with some printed picture so they really can see the problem.
Their test at the repair shop in Holland seem to be limited .
2016-2-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

See if you can get a high resolution copy of a resolution test chart.  They are designed to test camera resolution and lenses.  Point the camera at the chart in good even light so that the chart fills the camera view, and the edges of the chart touch the edge of the camera image.  If you look at the "corners" of this one, you will see four shapes, roughly like a +.  They will have parallel black and white lines, converging closer as they approach the middle.  What you are looking for is the point where the lines change from distinct black/white lines to a grey blur.   Next to it is a number.  In the example picture it shows that the transition point is next to 4, meaning 400 TV lines of resolution.   The number is approximately the same in the vertical and horizontal, and in the 4 corners.  There is a similar set of lines in the center of the image which does the middle of the camera/lens.   It shows this camera/lens has a consistent resolution across the whole range.  You may find the center of the picture is slightly better due to the way lenses are made, which is normal.

If you test your camera and there is a "soft" area, it will show up as one corner will have a lower result than the rest.  This will indicate a fault, it could be something a simple as a thumbprint on the glass, through to condensation, mould or other contaminants behind the glass.  It is an optical problem and is highly unlikely to be an electronic problem.  I'd suggest it is time for a warranty support ticket.

I tried to find a suitable chart doing a Google search but they do not seem to be big enough with enough resolution to test our cameras.  You might have better luck.  They still might be good enough to show the difference between the bottom left and the rest of the picture.
2016-2-6
Use props
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

OK, I will contact the dealer and let's see how it goes from there...
2016-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-2-6 03:50
See if you can get a high resolution copy of a resolution test chart.  They are designed to test cam ...

That is a good way to test the camera.
2016-2-6
Use props
juho65
lvl.1
Finland

Yes, I tried to do that but test pics are really bad... P3A camera are not suitable for close ups ;)
and I can't print bigger than A4 test charts, well maybe that camera just are really bad, have to learn to live with it

2016-2-6
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2016-2-6 10:50
See if you can get a high resolution copy of a resolution test chart.  They are designed to test cam ...

The camera on a P3 will not be in focus if the chart is so close you can fill the frame (unless you have a 20ft printer!).  The target needs to be around 4 metres away.

The only way to do it is to take several photos with the target chart in a different place each time (but the same distance), keeping all the settings the same in manual mode.
2016-2-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

juho65 Posted at 2016-2-7 05:23
Yes, I tried to do that but test pics are really bad... P3A camera are not suitable for close ups ;) ...

Try  drawing something like this in Photoshop or whatever at high  resolution, and print it out as large as you can. Then place it at a  distance where it is in focus, and the lines converge and blur somewhere  along the scale.   Keeping the distance from the chart the same try  testing various points in your camera image.  As long as the same area  is in focus, the whole face of the lens is the same.  If it works out  the bottom left is a different letter from the rest of the picture, it  will demonstrate a problem that you can take still photos of, to support  your claim for a faulty camera.
RESOLUTION.jpg
2016-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules