Gimbal motor overloaded
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maldiny_uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I have a problem with my Phantom 3 standard. When I turn it on,the camera shakes violently and I get this message: "gimbal motor overloaded"
I'm not sure why is this happening,it might be because the drone crashed from about 6-7m high when my phone turn off. Can I get some help here,as I tried a few trick I found online but nothing works.

2016-2-5
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Without trying to teach you to suck eggs, have you removed both of the gimbal protection devices ? There's the plastic frame around the camera and the foam block at the back of the gimbal...
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

More than likely it is the foam piece behind the gimbal.
2016-2-5
Use props
maldiny_uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As I said I've already watched few common things what might cause this and that is not it,I remove all protection before I've done my first flight. Honestly,I didn't know drone can fly with them protections on.
2016-2-5
Use props
nix240z
lvl.2

United States

does the gimbal move freely when off? and does it look off center/tilted sideways?
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

maldiny_uk Posted at 2016-2-6 05:11
As I said I've already watched few common things what might cause this and that is not it,I remove a ...

well, if it's not , than it probably caused by crash...
2016-2-5
Use props
maldiny_uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes,the gimbal moves freely when off and it doesn't seems to be tilted...the gimbal looks straight and central...
I think it might be from the accident but I don't really know what to do with it...I check all fitting and supports and they seem OK...
2016-2-7
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

there are several video's on YouTube on how to fix a stick gimbal. If you want to take you electronic life into your own hand I would say go for it. if you don't feel safe or qualified to do that, then I would return it to DJI support for a repair have someone who is an expert on this do the job.

this has happened on many units after a crash or two, so look at the video's and then make a decision based on your comfort level.

good Luck.
2016-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules