Range in uk standard
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cranejoshua
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hi I've just purchased my phantom 3 standard, I'm wondering what is the longest range I can get out of it based in the uk, is there any way to change it from ce compliant to fcc ? Also what's the experience when using range extenders, if it's limited in the uk to the range allowed, will modifications be rendered useless ?

Kind regards josh
2016-2-7
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You can't change from CE to FCC because it's a legal requirement for the importers to comply with CE regs.

Range extenders work well, but by law you are limited to visual line of sight, which is considered to be 500m give or take.
2016-2-7
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As soon as you start flying you will wish you had the Adv/Pro. I had the standard and because of a problem with it I sent back for a refunded I decided to take advanatge of the sale price at the moment and bought the P3/Adv.

dronesdirect.co.uk will offer you 0% intrest finance and you can spread the cost over 6 or 9 months. I've got mine coming Tuesday and can't wait to test out the Lightbridge.
2016-2-7
Use props
TheDroneRanger
lvl.1

United Kingdom

On the Phantom 2 you have to open up the controller and turn the bottom yellow pot clockwise for FCC mode. I think the P3 Standard uses the P2 controller? Have you tried the parabolic reflectors? You can pick them up on eBay for next to nothing. They are sometimes called Windsurfers. They don't require you to open up anything and are 100% legal in the EU. I'd recommend that before messing about with your RC which could cause warranty issues.
2016-2-7
Use props
cranejoshua
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

So with a range extender I can go past 500m on the standard ? And technically with the adv/pro in the uk you'd be flying it illegally by using its further range capabilities, I did purchase my drone from drones direct I'm very happy with it as of now and when I gain enough experience I may move on to more advanced drones. Any recommendations on a suitable range extender ?  
2016-2-7
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

cranejoshua Posted at 2016-2-7 07:13
So with a range extender I can go past 500m on the standard ? And technically with the adv/pro in th ...

You should be able to go beyond 500m.  It also depends on your location,  trees buildings and any other objects that could hinder the signal.  Ive been able to hit 2.6 miles with a Standard and windsurfer,  wide open area minimal objects in US
2016-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules