P3A coming Tuesday :)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok folks, as the title suggest my Advanced is coming on Tuesday.
I am upgrading from the Standard after a malfunction and full refund, I thought i'd take to good use of the sale price and snag myself a P3A. Hopefully it will be clean sailing from here on out.

What I wanted to know, any tips and hints that I need to know about the Advanced.

I'm looking forward to the Lightbirdge and using ND filters (after a lot of photography research, they seem a must for those perfect shots)

One question I do have, do you need to use a cable connection between the remote and device or can you choose to connect with wifi?. As i'm concerned that my iPhone 6 was drained of it's life when flying the Standard, so I use a portable charger at all times when using it.

Thanks

2016-2-7
Use props
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

Only connects with usb cable
2016-2-7
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Back out your motor screws, only an eighth to a quarter turn. Just to relieve a little of the stress around the mounts...
2016-2-7
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Drugless Posted at 2016-2-7 17:57
Only connects with usb cable

Darn,

It may be the fact that the device was using wifi that was killing the power so hopefully there won't be a problem.

How do you find your devices battery level deals with flying?
2016-2-7
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

stray_bullets Posted at 2016-2-7 18:21
Back out your motor screws, only an eighth to a quarter turn. Just to relieve a little of the stress ...

Thanks for the advice, did you find that you was getting hairline fractures or is this something you did from the start ?
2016-2-7
Use props
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-2-8 02:28
Darn,

It may be the fact that the device was using wifi that was killing the power so hopefully t ...

I've not encountered any device battery life issues but they do differ from device to device. I can fly through 4 battery packs without any concerns. I have disabled everything possible since it is dedicated for the Phantom only. Typically WIFI and Screen uses the most battery, so am certain disabling your WIFI should improve battery life nicely.
2016-2-7
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-2-7 18:29
Thanks for the advice, did you find that you was getting hairline fractures or is this something y ...

I spotted a hairline crack in a pre flight check, grounded the bird right away and mailed support. Should have her back by the end of the next week as status was "repaired and tested" on Friday 5th.
2016-2-7
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Drugless Posted at 2016-2-7 19:53
I've not encountered any device battery life issues but they do differ from device to device. I ca ...

Good to hear what do you use out of interest ?
2016-2-7
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

stray_bullets Posted at 2016-2-7 20:44
I spotted a hairline crack in a pre flight check, grounded the bird right away and mailed support. ...

I take it they fixed it under warranty ?
2016-2-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"I'm looking forward to the Lightbirdge and using ND filters (after a lot of photography research, they seem a must for those perfect shots)"
It's not clear from your post but if you are talking about stills, ND filters are of very little use.
They are fine for video on bright days.
2016-2-7
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-2-7 20:53
I take it they fixed it under warranty ?

Yes, dji stepped up and have looked after me and my investment.

We will see when it comes home, I will be doing a full overview and 100% pre-checks before I even consider a test flight.

The question I would have now is which version of the shell have they replaced it with...? Hopefully the B version as A is what I have now and only relates to the newer design motors. Any P3A or P3P with B after the model number has both the newer design motors and the redesigned shell.
2016-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules