iPhone battery drain with Go app
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zryall
New

United States

I'm hoping someone has a thought about how to charge or run your iPhone on an external battery (like Mophie of many others) while connected to the Controller at the same time. Even with a fresh phone batttery, I sometimes only get one flight out of the P3P before the iPhone is very low. It doesn't die early when using many other apps so I don't think the abttery itself is getting bad. Is there a pigtail or splitter out there that would allow using the Go app(connected by USB of courss) and yet allow yoou to keep the phone running on another battery at the same time? I think Apple makes some sort of two-lightning-go-into-one plug, but I don't know if it will interfere with the data that is traveling to the controller or phone. Any chance the external battery would hurt the controller since the adapter would essentially connect all three?

Thanks much.
also at zryall@me.com

2016-2-7
Use props
guyrhodes
lvl.1

United States

I purchased the iPhone Smart Battery Case for just this reason (my phone was going from 94% charge to 10% charge within 2 minutes when flying outside in 28°F temps). It works perfectly and has completely solved my problem.

Note the battery case is only compatible with the iPhone 6 and 6S.
2016-2-8
Use props
zryall
New

United States

guyrhodes Posted at 2016-2-8 03:55
I purchased the iPhone Smart Battery Case for just this reason (my phone was going from 94% charge t ...

Awesome, and thanks. I will check it out. I also have an ipad air (not 2) and might try that as well. Seems little bulky but bigger screen!
2016-2-8
Use props
zryall
New

United States

zryall@me.com Posted at 2016-2-8 21:04
Awesome, and thanks. I will check it out. I also have an ipad air (not 2) and might try that as we ...

Also, I wonder if on something like the Mophie juice packs, which also boost the iPhone batteries very effectively, the micro usb charger/passthrough plug on them will pass all the data to the phone that a straight lightning connector would since that is what the usb on the outside of the case connects to once inside the case.
2016-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules