Phantom 3 pro broken cam
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

so today I was letting my bro take the controls. I let him know if he crashes it, he pays for each part he has to replace. Anyways, he accidentally triggered the down and out stop motors function and fell from about 15 or 20 ft. We checked it out and everything works good but the cam gives us no signal. The gimbal is also tilted up somewhat. There is a small split in the gimble arm.
2016-2-7
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

What he was doing when he triggered the CSC? I've always wondered wich kind of weird manouver you have to be doing to trigger CSC.

Sorry for your loss.
2016-2-7
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

LordNeo Posted at 2016-2-8 12:12
What he was doing when he triggered the CSC? I've always wondered wich kind of weird manouver you ha ...

He was just doing spirals and I was wondering that myself, I was actually attempting to tell him not to trigger it as it happens, anyone got any tips on what I may need to replace, hoping for just the black ribbon but not sure if we need to get a new cam
2016-2-7
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

Post a picture, check if the gimbal arm is twisted or something and all the wiring (and cross a lot of fingers)
2016-2-7
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

Yes one moment
2016-2-7
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

2016-2-7
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

http://postimg.org/image/mhxw1jrj1/
2016-2-7
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

http://postimg.org/image/4738b4hit/
2016-2-7
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

Technical difficulties there they are
2016-2-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You need a gimbal$
2016-2-7
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Quite a gap there showing the exposed copper wires, looking at mine there is a small gap and the wires can still be seen, but try squeezing that gap a bit to see if you can get connection or if it snaps back together.
2016-2-7
Use props
daniebaldesco
lvl.1

Philippines

nuteknute Posted at 2016-2-8 13:07
http://postimg.org/image/4738b4hit/

try to push the plastic so that the round metal will be inserted and will be level.i hope the shaft of the motor is not bent.
2016-2-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nuteknute Posted at 2016-2-8 15:22
He was just doing spirals and I was wondering that myself, I was actually attempting to tell him n ...

You need a new or repaired gimbal.
2016-2-8
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gimbal will set you back the best part of $350-$400...
2016-2-8
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

Ok, but if the gimble has that sort of split in the motor then why does the cam not work, is there a connection to the camera within or inside that motor. We may be able to fix that ourselves with some big tools to snap it back in place, but if the cam has its separate issues we know that we'll have to ask someone of experience to fix it. So my question is given those pictures and an iPad screen that gives no signal... What parts are broken or need repair? Thanks a lot everyone!
2016-2-8
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

If I need new gimble will this work? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2460080
Under my circumstances? People say it really does and for 75$ it's a steel
2016-2-8
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

daniebaldesco Posted at 2016-2-8 13:33
try to push the plastic so that the round metal will be inserted and will be level.i hope the shaf ...

We will try
2016-2-8
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Prime example of the need for a gimbal guard and a gimbal protector before you even start your first flight.

Sorry for your trouble though.
2016-2-8
Use props
nuteknute
lvl.1

United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-2-8 07:28
Prime example of the need for a gimbal guard and a gimbal protector before you even start your first ...

I have had it since August and never came close to crashing but my bro did on his first flight
2016-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules