531 1 2016-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoergKlempnauer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1903 ft
Canada

Hello,

I noticed that the only level to ground distante control is setting the minimum flight hight, but it is done by GPS coordinates (I believe), not by actual measurment to ground.

Why? Would a actual measurment of the ground distance not give a better image acuracy by always having the same distance to the ground than a minimum travel hight set by GPS?

If I video a field that has elevations from 2000' to 2050', my minimum hight should be at ~2080', resulting in a 'to ground distance' of 80' at the lower part of the field and 30' at the higher elevation.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, joerg

2016-2-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

altitude is determined by the internal barometer,  not by the gps.  When you start the motors,  the Phantom reads the gps and the barometer to set the home point.  To the Phantom,  that initial home point is 0 feet altitude.  So it is possible ,  when flying into a canyon for example,  to show an altitude less than 0 feet.   And also,  max height is determined by the initial home point altitude.  This is good,  because if the Phantom considered sea level to be the 0 feet point,  you could not take off if you were up in the mountains.
2016-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules