NARROW CALL WITH HAWK!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrueth
lvl.2
United States

Hello all,
Just wanted to share what happened today.  I was flying my P3P and was just about finished flying so I headed back home.  When I got close to my location I noticed a hawk circling overhead, and circling VERY close.  It seemed very annoyed I was in its territory, a hundred feet up for another minute and It may have attacked.  Very close call, im so happy I was close to home and saw it so I could land before getting too close.  I would upload video but I dont have an easy way to, its not on youtube.

2016-2-8
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Well good for you. I have had Hawks dive bomb by P3P I have discovered that turning the Phantom at the Hawk and making a quick movement will cause the hawk to wave off and think better of a flying weed whacker with rotating knives.

I don't go after the hawk, just try to scare it off. then I head the other way. so far it has worked several times for me. I fly near the Mountains in Virginia. Lots of Hawks there.
2016-2-8
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I am regularly harassed by raptors when I fly in certain areas.  Hawks, Falcons, Eagles.  None of them seem to like it when a quad gets in their space.
2016-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

In my case I get small Swallows that swoop on my Phantom. They get very close, but don't actually strike. The worry is that they might get close to a blade and that would kill a small bird.
2016-2-8
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

This is a bummer. I get these Purple Martins that nest in the peak of my roof every year for the last seven years. I have watched them raise the babies and fly off every year. I take pictures from the ground with my camera. I was going to use my P3S to get some pictures from their level but now after reading this I am afraid they (Mom and Dad) may try to attack the drone. I don't want them to get hurt. I guess I will just have to happy with what I got.

Mike
2016-2-8
Use props
sgrol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73442 ft
United States

Birds are edible.
2016-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain