1833 18 2016-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981952 ft
  • >>>
Germany

So got my new Inspire Pro Black, and what else in good tradtiion, it has a tilted horiton as well. Yes, its all updated, calibrated over and over, etc.
My previous Pro (White) had the same issue. Not to mention all the X3s taht have it as well.

Its just ridiculous they still roll out a faulty product. Its only 5,000 bucks...

Come on DJI, get your act together for once.

IMG_9624.PNG
IMG_9628.PNG
IMG_9634.PNG
2016-2-9
Use props
geoff
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Well, I returned the white for a refund, and the same will happen with the black one. SO in the end they will have more money from me, thankfully. Other than the money that I have spent previously which is quite a lot.

Yes, the worst of Microsoft...
2016-2-9
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

Did you try adjusting horizon?  DJI has a nice shortcut:
Press and hold C2 (back right of your RC) and turn right thumbwheel at the same time.  You can do this shortcut in the air.

or

GoApp/Menu upper Right/Camera/Camera Gimbal adjustment

This works for me.
2016-2-10
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

DJI - The Microsoft of the UAV industry.
developer here, made my day.. lol again  
2016-2-12
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-12 13:53
I've been writing software since the very early 80s. I spent a number of decades working on commerc ...

after ~7 years woking full time i wished lot of times to move to something another. but currently positives overcomes negatives.  but i wonder to switch industry for living.. few years, try something new..

it would be interesting. what is your currently daily job?
2016-2-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

jonathanp Posted at 2016-2-10 15:15
Did you try adjusting horizon?  DJI has a nice shortcut:
Press and hold C2 (back right of your RC)  ...

Jonathanp,   does the C2 have to be programmed for that task?  Does it override the command I currently have on the C2 because of the combination with the Right Thumb-wheel?  

I mean if you surprised Paul with a new  feature ( Paul has an outstanding knowledge base) I want to understand  more.

Thanks-donnie

2016-2-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder how many other short cuts there are that not many know about? Im going to take my props off and start playing with some buttons.
2016-2-12
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-12 08:43
Excellent tip. I learned something new. Thanks for that one.

I'm going to try that for myself to  ...

It works, i did it...
2016-2-13
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-12 09:26
Jonathanp,   does the C2 have to be programmed for that task?  Does it override the command  ...

Hey Donnie,

No, the feature is already programed.  It's actually documented in the latest manual PDF.  I came across the feature because I was looking to control both gimbal axis from a single controller at the same time using both wheels.  
2016-2-17
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

I had this same issue yesterday, but then realized there are so many ways to fix this. The inspire is a very tricky copter to fly and has a ton of functions. This can be fixed in the camera tilt section.
2016-2-17
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

All Inspires have tilted Horizons - it's a DJI thing.
Adjust in the air and shoot. No biggy.

Comes back to understanding that you get what you pay for.
This is a cheap UAV in relation to professional craft - we need to keep a sense of proportion and have realistic expectations.

Doesn't mean that DJI shouldn't be working hard to fix issues however!
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-18 10:09
All Inspires have tilted Horizons - it's a DJI thing.
Adjust in the air and shoot. No biggy.

I have flown close to 20 different Inspires and none of them had a tilted horizon.
My old P3 Pro did once in a while, but after firmware update it never did it again.
2016-2-17
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

The customer experience differs from yours then Ken. Just search the forum here and RC Groups and Inspire Pilots and the many FB groups. No shortage of reports of tilted horizon.
Perhaps the Inspires used for testing and development within DJI are more carefully calibrated and engineered than those sourced through the retail channel.

Prototypes and testing rigs do tend to be more carefully prepared than production units in many industries.
2016-2-17
Use props
geoff
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Ken, since you work for Dji its obvious you say that. But to be frank I dont believe it one bit. I have owned 7, yes thats SEVEN, Inspires incl 3 Pros, and each and every one had a tilted horizon. I have seen and flown at least another 15 Inspires, in all versions and thru all firmwares, and yes every single one had the same problem. The only one that does not have a tilted horizon is my first P3P from the very first batch. My other P3P, with the new motors, has it as well.

So yes, it is a very widespread problem, which Dji tries to hide until today.
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sorry this happened to your Inspire but it is not all Inspires as some here are trying to say!

Dave
2016-2-18
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-17 11:06
Jonathan, would you be so kind as to try it without your tablet/phone connected to the aircraft an ...

Hey Paul,

I just tested my X5 with the horizon tilt shortcut without the iPad connected and it doesn't work.  However the controller does make a beep sound.  When the iPad is connected a green grid also shows up on the screen when making the tilt adjustment.  I can physical see and hear the camera tilt when I make the adjustments.  So again to answer your question it appears you need a tablet connected to use the tilt shortcut.

I hope this helps.

Jonathan
2016-2-18
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-18 18:58
It does. Thank you for putting that to the test. It appears that I may have been wrong about it be ...

Hey Paul,

Thanks, yet another new trick!

Jonathan
2016-2-18
Use props
geoff
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-2-18 23:05
Sorry this happened to your Inspire but it is not all Inspires as some here are trying to say!

So pls tell us how to fix this, rather than doubting our findings.
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

geoff Posted at 2016-2-18 21:18
So pls tell us how to fix this, rather than doubting our findings.

The engineering team in China is working on it.

Dave
2016-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules