Phantom 3 Standard severe problems with range, and altitude!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregcurtis83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151909 ft
United States

Hello to you all! I am (another case) experiencing issues with my p3s. Please go easy on me because I am new to this but I believe to have above average common sense at least. I've had my p3s for only less than a week and I've been troubleshooting since day 1. I have yet to fly my brand new copter beyond 130m away without RTH due to " interference or weak signal" alert and less than 100m in altitude without RTH, and "loss of signal". The settings are maxed out at 500m on both altitude, and distance. I also experience video feed problems using the dji go app on my iPhone 6s plus 128gb. Not sure if any of you have ever heard of this websight that logs flight records and is very specific. I stumbled across it at HealthyDrones.com. I signed up, then logged my flight records and everything appeared to be great signal strength wise all the way around. Yet I always and, I mean always get the RTH, or interference alert through the DJI app. I have tried in several locations around town. I have the latest firmware update and all settings within the app are good to go. The compass, and IMU are both calibrated. The range is absolutely terrible. I could through a football further than my P3S flies! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I thank you in advance for any tips and/or advice!
Sincerely,

Gregory   
2016-2-9
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same problem ... same answers
http://forum.dji.com/thread-42209-1-1.html
2016-2-9
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have a standard but fly it more so out in the country.  If your in a heavily populated area the interference can be from surrounding wifi connections.  Antenna placement also is important. I read recently where some guy took his controller apart and found the antenna touching the connection but not seated onto it.
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules