Any way to lock position of Gimbal with New Phantom Remote AND Lightbridge?
1296 10 2015-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s.woschech
New
Flight distance : 275997 ft
Germany

Hi,

I am using New 2,4 GHz Remote, Phantom 2, H3-2D, GoPro H3+ and Lightbridge via trainerport.

The Gimbal always jumps back into the 45 degree starting Position if I let go of the gimbal controler on the new remote. I want it to stay where it is when i let loose of the gimbal controler.

I have checked the "Upgrade Version" in the Software and updated everything. However - still the same Problem. Maybe ist due to the lightbridge?

Please DJI Help me, this really spoils the Lightbridge experience.

Best,
Sebastian.
2015-1-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Calibrate your tx according to this.  Remember to do step 4, move the camera wheel.
calibration.jpg
2015-1-5
Use props
s.woschech
New
Germany

I will try this when I get home tonight and revert to you if successfull. Sounds promising but a bit unusual ;-)

PS: The gimbal Controller does work/controls the gimbal. However it always goes back to the 45-degree Position if left loose. Therefore I have my doubts if calibration will  do any good. but I will try.

Greetings from Germany!
2015-1-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

s.woschech@goog Posted at 2015-1-5 19:20
I will try this when I get home tonight and revert to you if successfull. Sounds promising but a bit ...

After I did this, I can control the tilt from 2 seconds from horizontal to vertical to 45 seconds by the amount of pressure I put on the wheel, and it will stay In the position I put it in when I release the wheel.
Greetings from Northern New York state.
2015-1-5
Use props
s.woschech
New
Germany

I have tried it and the calibration did work. However it did not have any effect on the problem described above. Do you use the lightbridge with the trainerport as well? I think it might have something to do with that because according to the forum Phantom Vision (I have P2) Pilotes who experienced the same problem can be helped just by selecting "Transmitter Version" = "Upgrade Version" and the gimbal stays where it is when the wheel is released. This does not help in my case
2015-1-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Isn't this what you wanted?

The Gimbal always jumps back into the 45 degree starting Position if I let go of the gimbal controler on the new remote. I want it to stay where it is when i let loose of the gimbal controler.  
I don't use the Lightbridge as I use a 10 inch tablet to see what the camera sees.
2015-1-5
Use props
s.woschech
New
Germany

Yes, this is what I wanted. However when you use the lightbridge it is not only used for transmitting the video signal but also to transmit the controler signal. Somehow I have the impression, that this messes around with the transmission of the gimbal signal as well having the consequence that the gimbal always jumps back.

So far I have not managed to find a solution.
2015-1-6
Use props
s.woschech
New
Germany

I have found a solution: Just open up the remote and remove the freakin' spring in there. You can now controll the gimbal as you wish without it hopping back!!! Juhu.
2015-1-14
Use props
acjadrian.hotma
New

Spain

Hi everyone,

a good solution for me was to calibrate the X1 Stick Wheel with the software to work only from the middle position to the up/down limit of the wheel (moving the wheel only from the middle to the upper limit when calibrating). By this, i can hold the upper/bottom position i've set without having to use the wheel, and tilt by moving the wheel up or down (what you prefer).
2015-2-12
Use props
deerhntr31.msn
New
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-5 18:27
Calibrate your tx according to this.  Remember to do step 4, move the camera wheel.

Gerry, I am new here but have the same problem of the gimble going back to 45 degrees when I release the wheel. I tried you calibration with no success in the gimble staying put when I release the wheel. I don't have anything else connected to the phantom 2
2015-2-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

deerhntr31.msn Posted at 2015-2-15 03:41
Gerry, I am new here but have the same problem of the gimble going back to 45 degrees when I relea ...

Go into the PT2 program and connect your Phantom control sticks and the X1 calibration on the right, and select the upgrade version.
2015-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules