First DJI Purchase
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinfl1959
lvl.1

United States

I purchased a P3 Standard that is due to arrive on Friday.  Got the Standard because of price and I will be using lign of sight not needing extended ranges like the others offer.  Other than watching videos and reading the manuals I downloaded, are there any tips that some of you veterans can share so that I can have a good first time experience with my first DJI probuct ?

Thanks in advance
2016-2-10
Use props
sgorstein
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7173363 ft
  • >>>
United States

Find a wide open field to practice in, some place with no trees. Remember to calibrate the compass first. Do this away from metal. Get very used to orientation, I.E. in mode P/A, forward/back/left/right on the stick moves the craft forward from it's orientation, not your orientation. So if you spin the craft 180 degrees around, forward becomes backwards...etc. Have seen people run into trees this way on their first flight out because they lose sight of this fact.
2016-2-10
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Congrats. I recently got me a p3p as well you are in for a pleasant surprise as they fly great.
If you read and re read the manuals (and watch the videos) you should have very few issues. What experience do,you have with RC flying? If none get some hours in on the flight sim first as orientation is important even though the p3 is very stable and easy to fly. Practice tail in (camera pointing away) then nose to the right then nose to left then the tricky one nose in as left is right and right is left. At least you don't need to go inverted! I learnt on a 6ch he;I so the p3 was very easy for me. Learning to fly the orientations at low level or even better on a sim will save you £££ in the long run. There is a flight sim built into the go app once you are all connected. Remember not to rush and use small movements on the gimbals. Choose good weather conditions for your first flight. No or very low wind is best.

You will be nervous at first I was and was already experienced with RC flying but the agility and smoothness of the p3 will soon have you feeling glad that you got it
2016-2-10
Use props
kevinfl1959
lvl.1

United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-2-10 09:46
Congrats. I recently got me a p3p as well you are in for a pleasant surprise as they fly great.
If  ...

I have 2 SYMA X5x quads, but I am sure this will put them into retirement as it will blow the socks off them.
2016-2-10
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

kevinfl1959@gma Posted at 2016-2-10 16:20
I have 2 SYMA X5x quads, but I am sure this will put them into retirement as it will blow the sock ...

So with the syma experience you should find the p3 a dream very stable and easy to handle. Just don't rush and as said above find an open space with no obstructions...
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyone offered great suggestions, BUT I think you already did the most important thing and read the manual, then watched videos.
You will be just fine, and congratulations.
2016-2-10
Use props
kevinfl1959
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't plan on flying it until I am able to use the DJI GO App simulator a few times.
I am also going to wait until I receive and install the two gimbal protection items that I have on the way.

I just wish that I could access the Simulator without the quad being here and using power on the battery.
2016-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Since the intelligent flight batteries need a soft breakin period, you are rather fortunate that the onboard app SIM can be utilized this way.
Besides, it takes the brains in the Drone, to run the app SIM properly. They work together, as a team. ;-)
And you sir, are the Pilot... Enjoy your command, Captain Kevin!! Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2016-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules