Inspire 1 Fly Aways
1181 5 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cazinoaz
lvl.1

United States

What is the primary cause of Fly Aways? Are there steps to take that can eliminate this risk?
2016-2-10
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

(#1?) Probably human error and failure to follow procedures and ignoring signs of trouble (been there, done that).
2016-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not calibrating the imu and compass are the main causes.
2016-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've also noticed that a good percentage of these flyaways are happening to people who haven't owned the drone very long, they don't read the manual, they don't know about return to home or that they can follow the little arrow back on the google map and it  gets out of site and panic sets in.
2016-2-10
Use props
maloneshaun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

Not always the case,I have two s900 and feel I'm pretty experienced,last year while I was in the garden hovering the inspire to drain the battery,the craft just went mental flew away no response to any control or rth,flew 300 meters down the road and crashed into a neighbours fence at 48 mph,sent to Dji and they gave me a new inspire my rma stated a battery fault! Yeah right!!, still have no real idea what happened,just know something was as fault with the inspire as they replaced without question?
2016-2-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow the instructions and guidelines.
Read DJI Tim's tips common pilot errors posting.
The only way avoid risks it to keep the aircraft on the ground

Rich
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules