no signal / no video / camera goes to sleep
1954 24 2016-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jblaikie
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Sounds like multiple people have had an issue with "no signal" leading to no video. I have a phantom 3 advanced running all of the current firmware. I did a quick flight the other day. everthing was working fine, went to turn it on today and I get no signal between controller and aircraft camera. The camera gimble starts up as usual, then goes limp after a few seconds. Under the aircraft status, everything looks good, except the SD card capacity shows 0MB.

I tried reinstalling the DC firmware
IMU calibration
changing out the SD card
relinking the coltroller to the phantom
tilting it in one direction like one guy did

I've tried getting in touch with DJI support, but no one answers the phone.

2016-2-10
Use props
jblaikie.comcas
New
United States

Also, I just realized this happened after the last android app update. Woul
2016-2-11
Use props
jblaikie.comcas
New
United States

Would this be related?
2016-2-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try calling again tomorrow, you must not have called the correct number if you called during working hours 6:45 to 5:15pst
For the camera, does a gimbal calibration do anything. And do you have RC control (can you start the motors and fly around?)
Does the app show telemetry and jus no video, or does nothing show up?
Does the status say isconnected" or "No Signal"
Have you tried a different USB cable or device?
Have you crashed it, strange how it was working fine the other day and now all of a sudden it doesn't work.
2016-2-11
Use props
esteven08
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue. Everything has been recalibrated, app shows telemetry, live video but when I hit the shutter button, or switch to record video, I get the no signal in the banner. I've tried different usb cables and two different devices, a iPad mini and my main which is iPhone 6s
2016-2-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

esteven08 Posted at 2016-2-12 10:21
I'm having the same issue. Everything has been recalibrated, app shows telemetry, live video but whe ...

Same fault here - starts fine but puts camera into still photo mode, switch to video mode and the connection between RC and bird is lost after about 5 seconds or so.
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

esteven08 Posted at 2016-2-12 18:21
I'm having the same issue. Everything has been recalibrated, app shows telemetry, live video but whe ...

have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app (sync flight records first).Also, post a video of what is happening.
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-12 21:11
Same fault here - starts fine but puts camera into still photo mode, switch to video mode and the  ...

Please post a video.
2016-2-12
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Is this what happens to you:

If so, its time to send it in.  That is what I ended up doing after trying everything and nothing works.
2016-2-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No wolfies - I don't get that

What happens (step by step) ...
- power up bird, RC & tablet
- start DJI Go
- Go into camera mode (app starts normally but ALWAYS says to recalibrate compass)
- Do the compass dance
- Wait for green connection / safe to fly top centre of screen
- start rotors and take off (manually) hover at about 10 feet
- notice camera has reverted to still photos, swipe button to video mode
- check FPV working, move bird away 10-20 feet
- get no connection top centre of screen ... bird keeps flying away, no response from RTH in app
- keep jiggling sticks until notice bird responds
- manually bring it home and land it

I have one flight with hopefully a video recorded - will be checking it in a few minutes and will post it if it's there
2016-2-12
Use props
esteven08
lvl.1
United States

Can't post a video, I have a picture not sure how to share it. DJI-Ken my problem is different then user Old Geezer. I have full control at all times camera functions fine, I can fly with full controls. But even just sitting on the ground I'm unable to take pictures or switch to record video mode without getting "No Signal" where it says "safe to fly". I've reinstalled the app and done all the updates. Camera never a goes limp at any point, just doesn't want to capture or save anything. I'm using the SD card that came with the bird and it's been formatted. Thanks again for the help
2016-2-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

esteven08 Posted at 2016-2-13 08:43
Can't post a video, I have a picture not sure how to share it. DJI-Ken my problem is different then  ...

When you say you formatted the card, where did you format it, in the aircraft or your computer?

To post a videom upload it first to YouTube, then when creating a post, click on the camera icon on the top row, this brings up a dialogue box. Paster the URL for the YouTube clip into the box.

2016-2-12
Use props
esteven08
lvl.1
United States

In the aircraft through the app
2016-2-12
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-12 15:14
No wolfies - I don't get that

What happens (step by step) ...

Actually, I was addressing that toward the OP.
2016-2-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Here's the video of the flight I described above - I've added captions so you know what is happening when during the flight.

2016-2-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Video posted in the post above Ken - if you mean a video of what's happening on the tablet when it happens, I'll have to get a screen capture app and do another flight.
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-12 20:38
Video posted in the post above Ken - if you mean a video of what's happening on the tablet when it ...

You have done a good compass calibration right?
And since you say you still have RC control but no video, that may be your USB cable or port.
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

esteven08 Posted at 2016-2-12 03:21

Which iPad Mini do you have, for the app to fully work you need at least a Mini2
2016-2-12
Use props
esteven08
lvl.1
United States

iPad mini won't work then but I have the iPhone6s+ which my main flight device and where the problem started.
2016-2-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-13 03:46
You have done a good compass calibration right?
And since you say you still have RC control but no ...

RC connection was intermittent Ken - as shown in the video

Ran an indoor test last night after posting the video - with everything on and "green", switching from still photos to video in DJI Go causes FPV to lock up with a scrambled (black and white - not colour) picture and drops connection with the bird.

Tested it several times and always same result.  
Also noticed with camera in video mode that the two rear leg status indicators were giving a double green flash.
Also noticed switching from still photos to video loses all GPS satellites - dropped from 6 to 0 without moving anything except the camera mode slider on screen.

Edit to add -
App = DJI Go 2.5.1
RC firmware = 1.5.70
Aircraft firmware = 1.6.40
Tablet = Samsung Tab 3
Android = 4.4.2
USB cable is the one that came with the P3A
All batteries above 90%

2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-13 08:03
RC connection was intermittent Ken - as shown in the video

Ran an indoor test last night after pos ...

Can you try another device, and one that's on the DJI list.
Also, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?
2016-2-13
Use props
esteven08
lvl.1
United States

DJI ken, update. I tried the update again twice with two different SD cards, the phantom never acted like it wanted to update. Nor did the controller, il try to chat with DJI tomorrow. Thanks for the help
2016-2-14
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-13 23:12
Can you try another device, and one that's on the DJI list.
Also, have you tried deleting and rein ...

Hi Ken,

I've reinstalled the app - it is now on version 2.6.0 - exactly the same problems occur.

We had a snowfall overnight so I went out to get some filming done.  Exactly the same issues as for the video I posted above - switch to video mode from still photos mode and the on screen view turns monochrome and freezes, lose a bunch of GPS satellites, and flight telemetry stops.  

The USB cable etc is fine - I can get normal video feed when in still mode, see camera tilt and pan results on screen etc. until I switch to movie mode, then the image on screen goes monochrome and the image freezes with "noise" corruption in the static image. I also get the "No Connection" warning.

When that happens I still have manual control of the aircraft and can fly it in line-of-sight non-camera mode ... but if that's how I wanted to fly, I would have bought a $20 - $30 non-camera drone.

As for switching to a mobile device from the approved list - have you seen the price of those in the UK? A Samsung Note 3 is £250 (around $400) ... but why switch to a smart phone sized screen when my eyesight NEEDS the bigger screen of a tablet.  My existing smartphone is used only to answer calls and alarm clock mode because I can't even read the address book on screen - I have to change to reading spectacles to do that.  And if I'm wearing those, I can't see the drone beyond 20 metres.

Sorry for the rant, but it is ridiculous that a tablet meeting the minimum android version cannot run the DJI Go app fully - the term "bloatware" comes to mind ... the spp's coding needs serious streamlining.  My P3A is now just a dust gatherer, and I'm seriously considering sending it back for a full refund as per EU consumer protection rights - it is not doing what it says on the box; i.e. providing a FPV flight experience and photo/video recording control.

Also, I noticed on this morning's flights (home point 50 metres behind my house) that all the maps I "cached" last night, of our village, were not showing in the app today when flying - I only had a blank light grey screen behind the flight path and aircraft's orientation icon.  So that re-opens the question - how do we cache maps in the DJI Go app for when we have no internet/wifi connection?

Right now I am as pissed off as any of the other unhappy users here in the forums.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

esteven08 Posted at 2016-2-12 22:34
iPad mini won't work then but I have the iPhone6s+ which my main flight device and where the problem ...

Which P3 do you have, only the Pro/Advanced aircraft are updated through the SD card. The Standard and P3 4k are updated through the app because they operate on WiFi.
When you attempt an update, you have the RC off correct? And you are only putting the 1.6 BIN file on the SD card? And after powering on the aircraft you are waiting up to 25 minutes?
Try that again and then put the SD card in the computer and post the TXT file so I can see what's going on.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-14 06:43
Hi Ken,

I've reinstalled the app - it is now on version 2.6.0 - exactly the same problems occur.

I am sorry you are having the issue, since the app is causing so many issues and not working correctly I'm fairly certain that your device does not have enough processing power to correctly work.
Can you can try a neighbor or friends phone/tablet that is on the list and install the app and see if everything works correctly? If it does then you know that you need a new device and I'm sorry that your will not work. All the devices that will work are on the website.
If you try a listed device and it still doesn't work, then it may need to come in for repair.Also, you need a WiFi connection to cahe maps, or turn on the Hotspot on your phone for a minute and connect your device to it and cache the maps.
2016-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules