4k video HELP!
1234 8 2016-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tlyonslou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14954 ft
United States

Anybody have a video on how to view 4k video from a drone on a 4k TV.
Thanks tom
2016-2-11
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Depends on the TV.  Sometimes the Codec is not compatible for the 4K video.
[url=H.265 vs VP9: 4K video codecs explained Read more atH.265 vs VP9: 4K video codecs explained
2016-2-11
Use props
QBK
lvl.2

United States

I'm not sure you'll find a video with THE answer to this question.  There are a variety of ways.

However, almost all of them come down to:
(1)  Transfer the video file from your drone to a device that can connect to a TV and play video on it.
(2)  Connect that device to the TV and play the video.

Usually, the "device" is a computer (probably a laptop).  There are probably overly creative solutions involving phones, tablets, DSLRs, and internet-equipped toasters, but a laptop is the obvious choice.

You cannot output 4K video directly from a P3.  It doesn't have the circuitry/software on board to do that.  The video is stored on a micro-SD card.  You can transfer it to a computer either by (1) connecting a USB cable between the gimbal and the computer, or (2) taking out the micro-SD card, inserting it in a microSD-to-SD adapter, and sticking that in a card reader connected to your laptop.

Once the file is on your laptop, you'd want to connect it to the 4K TV via an HDMI cable.  (If your computer doesn't have HDMI out, you are probably out of luck, although you might be able to do 4K over VGA if you have a VGA input on your TV).  Then, the TV appears as a monitor for your computer, and you can use your favorite video player software to play the video.

This is very straightforward with a recent (2013+) vintage Mac.  It might be more complicated on Windows or Linux.
2016-2-11
Use props
berge.bastian
New

Denmark

Put your SD Card in a usb cardreader and plug it in your TV.
I think some TVs dont have the codec for .MOV Video files

You can switch between .MOV and .MP4 recording in the DJI GO app.

Fly safe :-)
2016-2-11
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

Yes, what berge said.  I just put the micro card in a usb reader and plug it into the tv usb port.  The 4K video is amazing!   Looks better and smoother than on my pc.
2016-2-11
Use props
xcrider
lvl.1

United States

berge.bastian Posted at 2016-2-11 16:33
Put your SD Card in a usb cardreader and plug it in your TV.
I think some TVs dont have the codec fo ...

My Samsung 4K TV (early adopter) thankfully see's my micro SD put into a USB adaptor and plays 4k right from the P3P. I lucked out with my TV but had more "fun" on posting on FB
2016-2-11
Use props
tlyonslou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14954 ft
United States

Still cant view 4k vid on 4k tv
Views 1080 mpv4 video fine on tv
Hooked up gimbal to tv via usb plug still no pic
Im thinking some 4k technology doesn't quite marry well to other 4k technology
Any more help out there.
Thanks
2016-2-21
Use props
timmdd
lvl.1

Macao

For me, well, although there is so called 4k everywhere, the smart TV or something like that, but 4k technology is not so hot potato right now, I think.  
Like storage, devices, Internet technology, indeed,  we can see there do has demand of 4k in the market, but it need some time to popularize to normal people when we all have money or time to enjoy 4k.
Back to the point, I only know about 4k player when you can't play some video and some software can compress 4k video like 4k to 1080P or others.

Hope these blah blah can help?
2016-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

tlyonslou Posted at 2016-2-22 12:42
Still cant view 4k vid on 4k tv
Views 1080 mpv4 video fine on tv
Hooked up gimbal to tv via usb plug ...

"Hooked up gimbal to tv via usb plug still no pic"

That's not going to work. You need to put the clip onto a USB memory stick and insert that into the TV. Also, it may not recognise a .MOV file, so best to try recording in MP4. If that does not work, then you may need to transcode the file through a program like Handbrake.
2016-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules