p3a vibration/FW 6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flying eye
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all

quick question, I have a p3a with the FW update vibration/driffting problem. but not so sure about flying in this state.
Is this likely to be the only concern or could there be other unseen problems that might reveal at an unfortunate time during a flight

I have been reading various threads and have done all thats been sergested, (downgrade/upgrade, IMU calibration, resets. et al), but to no avail. As I have already had to return via RMA to DJI before for an unrelated fix and would rather not have to go through all of that again. Not to metion the cost of return to HK (I purchased my p3a from DJI online)
Would rather wait for the new FW that has been promised ASAP

2016-2-12
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

Can you hear high pitch noise / vibrations while motors revs without props.
Did you tried to lower gains. Hover it and while it vibrates turn Yaw gain to 80%.
2016-2-12
Use props
flying eye
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for your reply,

I don't get the noise you refer to, nor the vibration. All sounds normal whilst propless.

In regard to the gains, yes I tried 100/90/80 for all, both individually and collectively and as many combinations as my patience could tolerate
although not during flight/hover
but still to no avail
2016-2-12
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

if i understood it & please forgive me my english btw... this sounds bad: "Although there is an intermittent habit of a gentle at firs then quick tip/roll over due to uneven prop speed during motor start-up."

make a vid i you have free time. we'll find out if you need to send it in, and then you can share here your review about DJI repair time.
btw without props, this thing should not have anything like "quick tip/roll over due to uneven prop speed during motor start-up."

reproduce problem, make vid. and you'll get many more advices.
2016-2-12
Use props
flying eye
lvl.1

Australia

despite several attempts my p3a will not flip again, so no vid and have edited prior post in the interest of fairness
2016-2-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Phantoms have been known to tip over under the following conditions: If you land the aircraft and leave the motors running, then try to lift off again, the aircraft can flip over. This happens because the aircraft, even though it is on the ground, does not know it has landed, so it is trying to stabilise itself in a hover position. As soon as you lift off again, it may try to jump to a completely different position where it thinks it should be. It can flip over in the process.

The answer to this is very simple, if you put the aircraft down, ALWAYS shut the motors off and the aircraft will be happy that it has landed. If you want to take off again, go through the normal motor start routine.
2016-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules