2373 24 2016-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased a set of Homido VR goggles and use them with the Litchi app to fly my P3P. WOW! A different experience altogether! The Homido VR goggles will tilt the P3P camera as I tilt my head. No more glares in the sunlight, I am emersed in a verture FPV as if I were sitting in the P3P with all the flight data in front of me and the voice of a young lady telling me all the flight data every 20 seconds. Having someone to spot for me with eyes on the aircraft as I fly it within (VR) raises my confidence level to a higher degree. Homido VR goggles are about $70 andwell worth it.
2016-2-12
Use props
whend
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1019455 ft
United States

If you are by yourself, can you look around them or pick them up to try to see it or where your at? That is my biggest problem, I can't see the screen, I get home, download the video and see things that I wished I would have seen while I was flying.
2016-2-12
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

These Homido goggles seem to have mixed reviews. A lot of positive and a lot of negative! Do you really think they are that good?
2016-2-12
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-12 19:38
These Homido goggles seem to have mixed reviews. A lot of positive and a lot of negative! Do you rea ...

For the price I think this set works well for flying. I had to do a bit of filing around the nose area to reduce some sharp points, but all in all I like them.
2016-2-13
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-2-13 02:42
For the price I think this set works well for flying. I had to do a bit of filing around the nose a ...

How do they link with the camera? Can you post a link to the goggles? Brand Name?
2016-2-25
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2016-2-25 11:04
How do they link with the camera? Can you post a link to the goggles? Brand Name?

http://www.homido.com/
Using the Litchi app. to fly, you simply slide your phone into the front of the goggles after you click on the VR icon in the litchi app. As you move your head up and down the gimble will move up and down
2016-2-25
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-2-25 09:12
http://www.homido.com/
Using the Litchi app. to fly, you simply slide your phone into the front of ...

I have an old iPhone 4 and would have to purchase a new phone. The App requires iOs 8.0 or better to run it and I cannot put that on my old iPhone 4 because it's so out-dated.  What kind of phone do you use?  I use an iPad Air 2 right now, and it's almost worthless in the daylight with the glare and reflection, just like you mentioned.
2016-2-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

This looks promising for very little investment.  I wonder how this compares to the various google cardboard versions out there.
2016-2-25
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2016-2-25 11:37
Oh, so you're just looking at your phone close up? That wouldn't work for me  because I have an old ...

I use a samsung s6. Why would you have to buy a new phone? I don't know anything about iphones. fat Sharks are not cheap and when you have to buy the hdmi board you have spent a chunk of change. I don't
know what I pay for things...sorry but I don't remember, but it was probably under $15k. The sunshine was the killer for me too. That is why I bought the goggles.
2016-2-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-2-25 11:06
I use a samsung s6. Why would you have to buy a new phone? I don't know anything about iphones. fa ...

the iphone 4 has a fairly small display (only 3.5") compared to the newer iterations.
2016-2-25
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-2-25 10:06
I use a samsung s6. Why would you have to buy a new phone? I don't know anything about iphones. fa ...

I have an old iPhone 4 that won't even run the app it's so painfully slow. I tried it with the old Phantom 2 Vision and it wouldn't even work on that. I'll check out phones to see what might work. Your goggles really do sound like an inexpensive way to go. I have to do something because I just can't see the iPad good enough.
2016-2-25
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-2-25 10:06

mjlstudios, can tell me in detail just how much better you can see, for instance , flying along above the trees, can you tell just how far above the trees you are, or side to side how much room you have to maneuver?  That's what I'm looking for so I don't have to climb higher than needed and to know I have clearance sideways. Also, I am far sighted and need 1.75 mags to read. Will these adjust for that? Thanks
2016-2-26
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

if people are using the carboard box than than I can assume one can use the gear VR?
2016-2-26
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I use a plastic google cardboard set called VR Box.  They are comfortable,  decent looking and sturdy.  You can put different diopter lenses in them.  It fits my Samsung S5 Galaxy perfectly.  You can remove part of the outer shell so you can use your camera while wearing the goggles.  Using the Litchi app,  tilting my head tilts the camera.  25 bucks on ebay.  With my S5,  it provides a 70 degree field of view,  as opposed to the 40 degree field of view on my FatSharks,  which cost 360 dollars.

2016-2-26
Use props
Scoobster
lvl.1
Canada

I am using Gear VR and love it, the only problem was I had to drill a hole on the side to slide the USB threw, other that that I love it
2016-2-26
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2016-2-26 09:55
mjlstudios, can tell me in detail just how much better you can see, for instance , flying along ab ...

With the Homido the field of view is about 100 degrees so it makes it easy to see what your Phantom sees. The lenes adjust for your sight whether near or far. The best part is you can see in the bright sun light, no glares, no nothing! In your FOV there is a heads up display so you see your dist., altitude, speeds and battery power. You can tilt your head up and down to see how close you are to objects as your head movements operates the gimble.
2016-2-27
Use props
FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2016-2-26 00:04

I have the Samsung Gear VR but haven't been able to figure out how to set them up.  I saw a  note somewhere that said I might have to drill a small hole.  Don't know where or what to do with the hole.  Can you help?
2016-3-1
Use props
Scoobster Posted at 2016-2-27 06:35
I am using Gear VR and love it, the only problem was I had to drill a hole on the side to slide the  ...

Hey Scoobster
I have Gear VR and Litchi  but don't know where or why to drill the hole.  Can you explain?
2016-3-1
Use props
Babyboy70363
New

David@soupbase. Posted at 2016-3-2 03:44
Hey Scoobster
I have Gear VR and Litchi  but don't know where or why to drill the hole.  Can you  ...

It appears the hole is to plug in the usb cable to the RC. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.
2016-3-2
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

Babyboy70363 Posted at 2016-3-2 21:50
It appears the hole is to plug in the usb cable to the RC. Im sure someone will correct me if im w ...

My RC can plug right into to the phone through the Gear VR.  It is normally for plugging in a phone charging cable while using the VR, if you need to.  Is this what has to be done?

2016-3-2
Use props
survivor2221
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332228 ft
United States

Someone has to be the guy to ask if "virtue reality" has anything to do with one's morality??
2016-3-2
Use props
baldev
New

Germany

You should try the amazing Virtual Reality Headset offered by Virtual Vizor http://virtualvizor.com
2017-8-9
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

So will you ever fly solo without a spotter? I would love to have this, but I don't think it's realistic for me to have a spotter every time I want to go fly.
2017-8-9
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-8-9 11:05
So will you ever fly solo without a spotter? I would love to have this, but I don't think it's realistic for me to have a spotter every time I want to go fly.

I have the Fatshark Dominator 3 glasses, use them for my race quads, installed the HDMI out module on the P3P and use the glasses once in awhile with the Phantom, don't like not being aware of my surrounding (ground level)
while flying, Sooooooooo
Just got my new CrystalSky 5.5" monitor, checked it out, live in Florida where it is 98F, bright sunlight at 1:00pm, amazing I look at the screen and all I see is the screen, so bright, virtually no glare, laced with DJI software to match DJI software, not a glitch, drop, fade or error on 3 batteries.  Love this thing, now I can fly at the beach without ducking alongside a building or my car and aware of everything around me!!
2017-8-9
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I use "VP Experience" goggles that cost about $20 at a children's store.  It works great!  I have seen them even cheaper.  Since it is the phone App that is making the image, they all will be great.  I love using them - makes it feel like I am a hawk.  
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules