P3 4 k crashed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Complete lose of control I phone 6s screen went black everything charged, updated, calibrated. First crash I have had with any Dji product, including inspire's v1 v2. Was flying away at a high rate of speed, switched to attitude mode and with an odd combination of left/ right yaw and descending from 400 ft was able to keep it relatively overhead. 100 ft it dropped
Like a rock, completely
Destroyed.
2016-2-13
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about that.

No matter the reason, it always sucks.
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Even had a standard that I had at least a dozen 1800 ft flights on, this didn't make it 250 ft 2nd flight. Oh well..
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I had persistent nonstop strong interference messages in same environment as standard I might have got twice at distance. These were right from the start on 4 k
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I liked the idea of the p3 4K as distance should have been more than adequate, I am a licensed private pilot, so I don't intend on jeopardizing that privilege with illegal drone operations. But this situation was completely out of my hands????
2016-2-13
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

the 4k doesn't have the range that the pro and advanced do.  But I believe you were still within range.  Maybe the signal got too weak.  I'm sorry to hear that man.  Shit isn't cheap and I would honestly be furious.  IF that happens to mine I will probably quit the entire scene for a couple years
2016-2-13
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

You didn't happen to accidently hold the sticks in the downward in angle did you.  since the controller sees that command as the start/stop of the motors perhaps you accidently held them there too long.  Or did you crank the left stick and hold it all the way down?  I'm pretty sure that also kills the motors (or is that only when landed)
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

No I have the flight record from phone even though the screen was black and I have wifi assist off so it can't hop back to another known network no csc at all, lucky I got it down without going on an expedition it was heading away full tilt
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I'm contemplating taking a break too, with back pack and battery that was 1000.00
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Even at 400ft I think wifi is too impervious to interference.
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Although standard worked fine?????
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

How about we bring something relevant to the beginning of the forum instead of craft that refuse to fly without propellers
2016-2-13
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-13 09:31
You didn't happen to accidently hold the sticks in the downward in angle did you.  since the control ...

Left stick down should not cause mid flight motor stop, only CSC will do that. Lift stick down will only shut off motors once descent is no longer detected for three seconds, i.e. when it is on the ground.
2016-2-13
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-13 11:23
Left stick down should not cause mid flight motor stop, only CSC will do that. Lift stick down wil ...

Okay cool.  I never held my throttle down more than a few seconds in fear of it killing the motors.  Honestly there is a fear with using this thing.  I have the advanced so  have a killer range to it.  But I probably having taken it more than 100 yards so far haha.  
2016-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules