Different firmware versions for aircraft and RC
1060 11 2016-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
morten.eriksen
New

Sweden

Hi.

I'm new in the world of Phantoms. Is it normal that the firmware versions for the RC & aircraft are different? If yes, how to know if you have the latest version?

I got 1.5.70 for the RC and 1.6.40 for the aircraft. The newest FW @DJI.com is v1.6.0040, but I'm not able to upgrade the RC to that level.

Please support a rookie

Thx,
Morten
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Hey morgen if you have a standard or 4K they update via wifi automatically, so unless you are an idiot while downloading bin file , you should be fine!
2016-2-13
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I'm sorry morten rc updates via wifi craft via sd card
2016-2-13
Use props
morten.eriksen
New

Sweden

It is an adv.
2016-2-13
Use props
morten.eriksen
New

Sweden

OK, so different versions are OK?
2016-2-13
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Yes. Also note that your batteries have firmware and needs to be updated.
2016-2-13
Use props
morten.eriksen
New

Denmark

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-13 17:47
Yes. Also note that your batteries have firmware and needs to be updated.

Thx. Regarding the batteries. I assume that the battery use to upgrade the aircraft is "automatically" upgraded at the same time as the aircraft, but what about the extra battery? Any quick guide or videos?
2016-2-13
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Updating Multiple Batteries

Just leave the FW on your SD and change battery. Then let it do its thing. Change battery again and let it do its thin. Repeat till all batteries are updated. Delete ,bin from SD. Make AWESOME video. Share here
2016-2-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Your DJI Go app should tell you if you need an upgrade.
2016-2-13
Use props
rickb33952
lvl.2
United States

morten.eriksen Posted at 2016-2-13 12:09
Thx. Regarding the batteries. I assume that the battery use to upgrade the aircraft is "automatica ...

Morten,
I also have two firmware versions. The RC updated itself via WIFI and the DJI-Go application. I then encountered issues with using the downloaded firmware after copying it from a Mac computer to the Micro-SD. The Aircraft refused to update when the SD was inserted. So as a work around I switched to a PC and formatted the SD and downloaded, extracted and copied the .bin file to the Micro-SD a second time. When inserted into the aircraft the update proceeded with no problems.
After removing the Micro-SD and placing it into a USB reader adapter, I inserted the adapter into the RC and nothing occurred and eventually powered down after several minutes.
I then powered up the RC with an iPhone and started DJI-Go and then powered the Aircraft. No updates requested and all appears normal. Versions for the aircraft and the RC are as you stated:
APP version 2.6.0
Aircraft version 1.6.40
RC version 1.5.70

Should I calibrate and fly?
2016-2-20
Use props
morralser
New

Mexico

Hola mi drone me aparece en amarillo gimbal motor overload alguien me puede ayudar?
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

rickb33952 Posted at 2016-2-21 13:12
Morten,
I also have two firmware versions. The RC updated itself via WIFI and the DJI-Go applicati ...

Everything is updated, calibrate the IMU, compass, and gimbal and go fly.
2016-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules