Non stop bad luck for me :(
1189 12 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok so after my devastating lost of my P3S I ordered a P3A which arrived 3 days ago and everything seemed fine.

However I soon noticed that camera did not align with the horizon. After looking on here for advice I thought that a IMU and Gimble calibration would of fixed it. But sadly this has not I've done a half a dozen of these calibrations to no avail.

I am not sending to DJI because I can't go through that ordeal again, so as its within the 28 days of purchase I'm now sending it back to the dealer, so that's just a shame another faulty DJI product.

On another note my friend bought a P3A which came yesterday and he has had a connection problem, DJI online couldn't help so he's sending that back.

That's 3 faulty Phantoms in the last month !!! Becoming one big joke now
2016-2-14
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Man, bad luck city.

My first Phantom was (and still is) a Phantom 1.    That one's been pure joy.   Hundreds of flights no problems yet.....but they say the day always arrives.

My P3A...different story.    On the 2nd flight,  things broke.   Never sent it back in.   I somewhat patched it up and can fly it but it's not perfect.

Hope you get all this resolved.
2016-2-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"After looking on here for advice I thought that a IMU and Gimble calibration would of fixed it. But sadly this has not I've done a half a dozen of these calibrations to no avail."

On the same page in the app .... did you try the Adjust Gimbal Roll feature?
2016-2-14
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-2-14 18:55
"After looking on here for advice I thought that a IMU and Gimble calibration would of fixed it. But ...

I did indeed, however this needed constant changing throughout the flight...so very much not practical.
2016-2-14
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-2-14 18:40
Man, bad luck city.

My first Phantom was (and still is) a Phantom 1.    That one's been pure joy.   ...

It's just so strange, because I've listened to people on here who have had their phantoms for ages and no problems.

Both of my Phantom 3's have been 2nd generations with the new motors and shells so maybe there is a problem with them.
2016-2-14
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-2-14 13:59
It's just so strange, because I've listened to people on here who have had their phantoms for ages ...

I think with the ever increasing demand and probably overstressed production quotas, quality  is slipping. It really feels that they are chasing sales and profits at the expense of quality and service.
2016-2-14
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-14 19:28
I think with the ever increasing demand and probably overstressed production quotas, quality  is s ...

It must be !! But I'm mad, I'll give them one final chance with my 3rd Phantom but if not then that will be it I'm affaird.

DJI have been the worse company I've ever bought from, with absolutely no compassion or care from them (apart from the guys on here, but they are limited to what they can do)
2016-2-14
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-15 03:28
I think with the ever increasing demand and probably overstressed production quotas, quality  is s ...

Seems to be a typical reaction for the Chinese Companies.
It's terrible to see the quality suffer in the quest of the All Mighty Dollar.
So far, I have had great (should I say Luck) with my Phantom.

Mike
2016-2-14
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have have great luck with my Phantom since purchase in January.  I hope you get it all sorted out.
2016-2-14
Use props
jeff957
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue and fixed it with a gimble string....cant tell you what I did but ti fixed it....i am sure this is your issue.
2016-2-14
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Have you not tried to level the gimbal via the gimbal roll + and - symbols on the App? I know you have gone through calibration but backtracking via the top left arrow on the calibration screen will take you through to gimbal roll adjustment. I've done on both my Phantom and Inspire and it works without the need to constantly adjust it. Hope this helps.
Phil
2016-2-14
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

PCTInspire Posted at 2016-2-14 21:47
Have you not tried to level the gimbal via the gimbal roll + and - symbols on the App? I know you ha ...

Hi yes I've done this numerous times and it still goes of horizon. For example if I'm facing south on the horizon I'll set the gimble roll and then if I turn to face another direction it will be off again :/ just so annoying.

I've read that it is a minor mechanical problem but just shows the quality checks on these products are not diligent.

I also shouldn't have to fix it with some string, the thing is only 3 days old so back to the dealer it goes for a replacement.

I shall not return to DJI !!!
2016-2-14
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-14 14:28

They are producing them fast enough and cheap enough that they can afford to fix the same one over and over and possibly replace the whole unit and still make a good profit.
2016-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules