Auto flight Logic Autopilot camera settings...
5190 25 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm considering getting this app but need to know whether it lets users adjust camera ISO and shutter speeds while Autopilot is running. I think it's important to have this control but can't find any indication that it's available.
I would appreciate any definitive answers...
2016-2-14
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I am learning this app just now - I do not find that you can adjust ISO and shutter.
2016-2-14
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm wondering if the right dial on the RC still adjusts shutter speed when the app's running. That would be something, though not ideal.
2016-2-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You cannot adjust the camera on the fly at this time. You need to adjust the camera settings in the Go App before you start the session. You cannot have both the Go App and the AutoFlight apps open at the same time I copied the slight school instructions web link below

http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot/flightschool#settings

Rich
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, it's very logical that you cannot have both the Go App and the AutoFlight apps open at the same time, there definitely  would be a contradiction
2016-2-14
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just heard that v3.1 will have full camera control, and that's coming very soon.
2016-2-15
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-2-15 16:19
Just heard that v3.1 will have full camera control, and that's coming very soon.

It will not have full Camera controls - unfortunately.
But I am sure it will come pretty soon
2016-2-15
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-15 11:44
It will not have full Camera controls - unfortunately.
But I am sure it will come pretty soon

This was the reply I got from AutoFlight Logic Support:

Steve Bailey (Autoflight Logic)
Feb 14, 17:39

Version 3.1 of Autopilot, which just completed beta testing and was submitted to the app store for approval this past week, will contain full camera control.

Steve
2016-2-15
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-2-15 19:54

Hello - I am sorry  I have misled you.
I stand corrected.
2016-2-15
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-15 21:05
Hello - I am sorry  I have misled you.
I stand corrected.

No problem. It seems that 3.1 is now available, so I will find out for myself very soon.
2016-2-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-2-15 03:54

Hello Steve,

I was on the beta team for 3.1  can you please point out where the camera controls are located. I am sorry for misstating this earlier, but I have looked for them and still cannot locate the camera settings that you are speaking of.
this was released today

Rich
2016-2-15
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-16 04:53
Hello Steve,

I was on the beta team for 3.1  can you please point out where the camera controls a ...

Hi Rich,

Steve, from AutoFlight Logic, said in another email to me that the camera has to be connected to see the controls. I will probably download the app later today and let you know what I find...

Jerry
2016-2-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-2-15 23:52
Hi Rich,

Steve, from AutoFlight Logic, said in another email to me that the camera has to be conn ...

Hey Jerry

To be honest with you, I was only checking the App when the aircraft was not connected. Every time I was using the FL 3.1 my camera was already set up.

If you notice they do not talk about the camera set up in all of the flight school documents.  I guess they figured you already know how to adjust the camera  

Rich
2016-2-16
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-16 11:27
Hey Jerry

To be honest with you, I was only checking the App when the aircraft was not connected. ...

Yes, I do understand that. But I need to be able to adjust shutter speed on the fly and, until now, it seems that all these apps only work with the camera on auto settings. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
2016-2-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-2-16 03:40
Yes, I do understand that. But I need to be able to adjust shutter speed on the fly and, until now ...

I have the Inspire 1/ X3 camera and set mine up manually in the Go App first. so I don't know the answer to this question.

I will check this when I get back from my procedures at the doctor.

Rich
2016-2-16
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

I did a waypoint mission with the app today - X5 - The camera settings are there !!!!!
2016-2-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-16 13:24
I did a waypoint mission with the app today - X5 - The camera settings are there !!!!!

Yes, I was totally wrong because I was checking this feature with the P3P or Inspire disconnected.

See my screen shots with and without being connected to the aircraft. Note the settings layout if much different as DJI has more graphics

IMG_0090.jpg IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0093.jpg
2016-2-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-2-16 03:40
Yes, I do understand that. But I need to be able to adjust shutter speed on the fly and, until now ...

I confirmed today that it is all there. see my screen shots posted

Rich
2016-2-17
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-18 04:02
I confirmed today that it is all there. see my screen shots posted

Rich

Thanks for posting, Rich. I've now got 3.1 and can see the same settings on my x3. A couple of things disappoint me though... It doesn't seem to allow shutter speed changes on the fly from the right RC dial, and it doesn't display the zebras and histogram which I rely on. Also, the custom picture settings (where you can change sharpness etc further) are not available in the app.
2016-2-17
Use props
pbpubmac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75873 ft
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-2-18 03:45
Thanks for posting, Rich. I've now got 3.1 and can see the same settings on my x3. A couple of thin ...

Hi:
How are you guys adjusting f stop, shutter speed, iso, peaking, zebras with an Inspire Pro? I assume that you must still do this in the DJI GO app, which I just tried to do, then switched to Autopilot for a simple Target mission 100 feet up. First thing that happened is the app did the count down, then refused to take off, showed on error on the iPad. Got a rapid green blinking from the aircraft which indicated a connection, right? Switched back to P mode and the aircraft took off..While the camera maintained focus lock, the video was out of focus and there was nothing I could no about it. Then tried to land and the auto landing gear sequence wouldn't run. Had to land manually. This is a definite gotcha as you can easily damage the Inspire's gimbal if you like to auto land.
2016-9-18
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I would say first, you should get in the habit of landing manually. It's just good practice and you never know when the auto-land feature might not be available. If you are worried about damage during a manual landing, you need to work on that. All camera settings are available in Autopilot once you move to the Dashboard. Center bottom of the screen is where you want to tap to expand to alter the settings.
2016-9-18
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Anyone knows where lens focus controls are? I've been looking all over and cannot find anything. Also, anything there in a form of histogram levels indication? If this is a pro app, where are the pro tools we cannot breathe without? If critical meters and controls essential for capturing images aren't there then this app is almost useless.
2016-10-5
Use props
jlund
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105581 ft
United States

ge0se Posted at 2016-10-5 17:44
Anyone knows where lens focus controls are? I've been looking all over and cannot find anything. Als ...

Same issue. Need focus controls.
2016-10-24
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

ge0se Posted at 2016-10-5 17:44
Anyone knows where lens focus controls are? I've been looking all over and cannot find anything. Als ...

I'm not sure what focus 'controls' you're looking for. Focus is the same as in the DJI Go app. Tap on the point you wish to focus on. As far as a histogram, there is none. Essentially, you use this app in conjunction with the DJI Go app. It inherits virtually all of the last settings such as speed and aperture so you can check the histogram in DJI Go and then switch to Autopilot. It's never been an issue for me so I have no clue why you would say it's  almost useless. All camera controls are brought up by clicking on the small box, center bottom in the flight dashboard. It also helps to read the instructions otherwise you'll be unaware of all of it's capabilities.
2016-10-25
Use props
fans92e28787
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-1-15
Use props
fans92e28787
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield