Returning DOA P3A
1309 13 2016-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philippreiner
lvl.1

Germany

Situation: I've purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced from the DJI store at the end of January. On the first flight I've noticed that the camera is out of focus. The center of sharpness is on the right side. Calibration, latest firmware, normal temperaturs(10°C) and even shooting on the ground doesn't fix the problem.

Example:
(Notice the tree vs. the tiles on the roof)

I've handled the device with extrem care. Overall, flying is great and fun but the camera is likely dead on arrival.

I've contacted support over 9 days ago via email (also first via chat and then by phone) but the only answer so far is to contact another email adress -again: without an answer.

Lesson learned: DJI has great products but they seem to lack good quality measures in production and the support is horrible and not acceptable. I will think twice before buying another device or more stuff in the futures. Maybe this will also help some other folks like me looking for a solution.

Question to the community: Any experience with just returning the device under the EU-wide 14 days return policy? Legally they forgot lots of stuff (here in Germany) so they would have to handle e.g. shipping fees. On the other hand, DJI China is the seller so it's a problem to enforce this (I would like to avoid any legal stuff)

Question to DJI: I've seen that you handle support requests here faster. Faster than 9 days. What is the normal procedure with a DOA wihtin Europe? What do I have to do and how does the process looks like? And how long does this all take?

If there is no roadmap to a solution until tomorrow I'll sent back the device and cancel the PayPal-Payment.

2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry the EU support team has not resolved it with you. What is your email and ticket number and I will make sure you are contacted ASAP.
2016-2-15
Use props
philippreiner
lvl.1

Germany

Ticket number was 163208 (and an additional email) and my email adressen is mail @ {myusername} . info . Thanks.

2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

philippreiner Posted at 2016-2-16 16:56
Ticket number was 163208 (and an additional email) and my email adressen is mail @ {myusername} . in ...

Thank you! We are working on it right now!
2016-2-16
Use props
philippreiner
lvl.1

Germany

Didn't get any further reply so far.

I'm a little bit curious, because the only thing I've received was another "Please rate our customer service" email but this time with a different helpdesk ticket number. So either a) there is something going on but they decied to keep me in the dark or b) my inbox doesn't work for DJI. I can receive other emails and I check the spam folder every day.

Sorry for this public story but unfortunately this seems like the only way to get any kind of progress.
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

philippreiner Posted at 2016-2-20 04:35
Didn't get any further reply so far.

I'm a little bit curious, because the only thing I've received ...

I sent another email to get status.
2016-2-19
Use props
philippreiner
lvl.1

Germany

Just another update for everyone, maybe someone is interessted:

No response so far. No solution. Talked again to the phone support. The guy laughed when I told him that I've waited over 18 days for a response. He said they would resolve it until yesterday, nothing happened. Reported this to PayPal, the DJI response was to contact the email support.

Tried to call again today. Seems they stopped phone support half an hour earlier than the time posted on the website.

I'm going the legal way with my lawyer now.

__

If someone is having the same issues (and lives in Germany): Sent back the device immediately on your own cost. They don't provide a "Widerrufsbelehrung" so the "Widerrufsfrist" (Time to sent back) is unlimited and they have to pay for all the costs except express shipping.
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

philippreiner Posted at 2016-2-25 23:58

No response so far. No solution. T ...

I am sorry you are still having an issue, I have forwarded your info to management.
2016-2-25
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

philippreiner Posted at 2016-2-25 07:58

No response so far. No solution. T ...

Good luck with that.  Keep us posted until you get kicked off the DJI Forum as several "complainers" have already.
The Forum "Nazis" will get you.
2016-2-25
Use props
philippreiner
lvl.1

Germany

I want to describe the status in a neutral way and I hope the forum admin respect that.

Called them again today. This time the guy looked into the helpdesk in a more detailed way. I should have received an email monday afternoon but I didn't. Maybe my provider or the DJI Mailserver lost the message.

They also have the information from this forum, so thanks to DJI Tim and Ken for your help.

I'll keep updating this thread. Maybe there will be a solution somwhere in the (near) future.
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

philippreiner Posted at 2016-2-26 17:40
I want to describe the status in a neutral way and I hope the forum admin respect that.

Called them ...

I sent an email yesterday so I'm sure it will be resolved soon.
2016-2-26
Use props
philippreiner
lvl.1

Germany

It's me again.
Update 1: I've received an answer and a return label for UPS. Sent the device back and waited for a response. They told me that I'll return a new device if the DOA is accepted.+

Update 2: I've got the new device (New serial number) today. Package was fine (no remarkable dents).  Charged batteries and started the device and tried to test the camera. After 3-4 minutes just standing on my desk the internal fan (Probably) made a louder sound and after that it made a strange loud noise. Probably the internal bearing is broken. See this video:

And again, after the first few tests indoor: The center is blurry, corner are sharp:
http://i.imgur.com/3PeNlYt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/imm2Hox.jpg

Calibration, Firmware etc. was done again. No changes. Device had about 4hours to acclimate in our office.

I'll contact the support today/tomorrow but I think this the end of my short DJI customer life.

2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

philippreiner Posted at 2016-3-7 23:35
It's me again.
Update 1: I've received an answer and a return label for UPS. Sent the device back an ...

Philip,
I am sorry you are experiencing this. Contact support again to resolve the issue.
2016-3-8
Use props
philippreiner
lvl.1

Another update (and probably the last one)

Got a quick response from the support / DOA team this time. Sent in the broken DJI and received my replacement today. It works, camera is fine and no issues so far. Thanks!

They offered me to test the device before shipping (I allowed it) and I've received an additional battery as a compensation.  After all the waiting finally a solution.
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules