Phantom Racer edition?
1925 11 2016-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

how come Dji dont go into the racing market and make 1-2-3 drones for racing? maybe om the only one that request and want this type of product even when im novice to this category or type of quads/drones.

I do got a walkera F210 that i crash the same day i got it, racing was very very hard for some1 only flight a phantom 3 pro and before that a parrot ar drone 2.0

i think if Dji would include same battery from the phantom 3 with about 22-25 minute fly time would be awesome, with gps and able to fly up to 100-150km/h in the air like some racer drones can do, and some racer quad people use to say gps is for noobs but it could still be nice to have it on the drone and if Dji would try make the drone a bit "bullet proof" able to hit alot and still not getting seriously hurt.

and im sorry i had to post it in here, there is no category for other questions or thing.

Also anyone know how far you can fly a phantom 3 standard? i got the pahntom 3 pro but i think about buying a P3 standard.

IMG_0009 (Medium).PNG
2016-2-15
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I imagine GPS would be too slow to react for racing as well as adding unnecessary weight & complexity.  Also, the point of racing is to compete on skill, which GPS would negate.
2016-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The simple answer to this is that DJI do not appear to want to compete in the racing drone market. They make flying cameras.
2016-2-15
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-15 18:42
The simple answer to this is that DJI do not appear to want to compete in the racing drone market. T ...

Exactly. Racing is an entirely different market and I want them to focus on what they're good at. Most users won't be racing
2016-2-15
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Probably because the racing market is flooded with cheap drones already, look what happened to GoPro when it started trying to compete in the cheap market.

Also, google "DJI Games"  not strictly racing, but still looks fun.
2016-2-15
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Me i have  a P3A,and last week,i make a flight record(at least for me)of a total distance of 6020 meters...it's the first time i complete such a long flight,i did a circuit and i suppose there were ideal lfight condition such as temp and calm or total absent wind.
usually i'm able to flight for about 3500-4500 meters.
For the standard wich use a different type of batteries of P3A/P flight time and consecuent distances should be almost similar.
For racing drone...i pass up.
2016-2-16
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

starfighters Posted at 2016-2-16 13:33
Me i have  a P3A,and last week,i make a flight record(at least for me)of a total distance of 6020 me ...

but think Dji as a car maker, they use to make cars for those who only want a new car with a cheep engine, then they make big cars for people want big cars, and then they make the same cars for people that want the best engine with the most horsepower and as fast as it can possible be, so they got the market all over to get all the customers. You say Dji they make flying cameras, yes, but if they go one more step and make a section working for racing drones with top quality they will be getting even more customers and grows alot more.
2016-2-18
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

I can see DJI making a racing drone one day, but not based on the Phantom platform.
2016-2-18
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Racers seem to have poor reception/video feed.
I'd just like to put Lightbridge (2) into a 250 racer, so I could get better signal strength through walls and small obstacles.
2016-2-18
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

"Also anyone know how far you can fly a phantom 3 standard? i got the pahntom 3 pro but i think about buying a P3 standard"

I was answering to your question regarding the far/distance a P3 could do...nothing to do with racing....drones.

Cheeers

2016-2-23
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

P3 are drones for photography and 'recreational' flying. Racers are for sprot use. You can use P3 for 'range' flying, for good view, for safe fly, but this is not and never be a racer.
P3 have good image feed but with 200ms delay. Racers have analog transmissions without a dealy. Also the angle of view is quite different in racers. Racers have to stabilisations becuse the lack of it can give a pilot more possibilites for maneuvers, of course if pilot is trainded to do them.

Do not try to race with P3, because you will only crash drone. Crashing P3 is expensive, crashing a custom racer - not.

Racing drones are used for high speed flying, with almost zero delay, on a distance few hundreds metters, not for taking pictures, recording movie.

So - do not buy standard - this is also a flying photocamera. Get a dedicated racer, a custom racer - if you are not a drone constructor then take a person who build it for you. Before flying a racer train on some syma toys like Syma X12s, with low mass, free throttle, no atti/gps stabilisation.
2016-8-31
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
Flight distance : 129567 ft
United States

starfighters Posted at 2016-2-23 11:07
"Also anyone know how far you can fly a phantom 3 standard? i got the pahntom 3 pro but i think abou ...

With good LOS, I regularly get 2500 feet. My best is just under 4000 feet.
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules