• >>>
United States

2016-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Not sure where I would need those extra lights. I find the onboard LED diodes on my Phantom 3 Pro, plenty bright enough.
Perhaps if you aren't flying at an altitude where they are more visible. Those addons may help.
I saw the young owner of PolarPro company, on Shark Tank a few weeks ago, pitching some other drone stuff.
He has other products too. Like his Selfie stick... Bright young fellow.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-15
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I don't know...if I was going to fly at night I would want the best of everything when it comes to reception.  This device covers the GPS and clamps on every leg so plenty of room for mis-attaching in my opinion.  Not 'awesome', 'cute' at best.
2016-2-15
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-15 20:25
Not sure where I would need those extra lights. I find the onboard LED diodes on my Phantom 3 Pro, p ...

I saw that guy on SharkTank to. After watching that I'm refusing to buy anything from that company. That guy was such an idiot and unprofessional. I can't believe he runs the company.

2016-2-15
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-2-16 10:32
I saw that guy on SharkTank to. After watching that I'm refusing to buy anything from that company ...

The sharks didn't eat him up?
2016-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Didn't he decline their money offer?

RedHotPoker
2016-2-15
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Another poorly thought out and executed product from Polar Pro. They should stick to their ND filters or put more effort into their products.

- Their lens cover / gimbal lock = so bulky it prevents you from putting the P3 in your case (DJI original case) therefore rendering it utterly useless.
- Their gimbal guard = ultra flimsy, it deflects so much even with just the weight of the P3 that the guard almost touches the gimbal. With real force in a heavy landing, forget it.
- This new set of LEDs = covers your GPS with their battery, puts the wiring and lights next to your antennae / compass. I wouldnt fly with all that potential interference. And why are they demonstrated with a night flight? Surely with the majority of flying taking place during the day, this is where a potential buyer would want to see them used. They look no brighter than the built in LEDs.

Gimmicky. No real use. Pretty much sums up Polar Pro.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nrgwise Posted at 2016-2-16 10:29
I don't know...if I was going to fly at night I would want the best of everything when it comes to r ...

Agree, it's better not to cover the GPS if you care about stable and safe flight more then you care about cuteness. Also I'm sure that the front lights will influence night photo and video shooting
2016-2-16
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-16 01:20
Didn't he decline their money offer?

RedHotPoker

No he accepted and they actually gave him double. He even stated that the full set of lenses costs the company only 12.00 to manufacture.   
2016-2-16
Use props
leenanj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

The LED lights by PolarPro are a great addition.

I put them on when I fly in the evenings and at night.  Love the flashing mode as it adds a lot of bling and you can see the bird from a long distance.

Very easy on/off removal as there not needed during the day.  Only a strong spotlight could be seen when the sun is out.

Did not bother the GPS or antenna as far as I could tell, but I only flew about a mile out from my location.
2016-2-16
Use props
chanrz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171043 ft
United States

I have this also on my bird since the day I bought mine. 20 long flights with no problem with the GPS.
2016-2-16
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Only one thing to say, LOL
Above that, LED could be disturbing the signal. Be careful
2016-2-16
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Wait till someone screams UFO
2016-2-16
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-17 04:38
Wait till someone screams UFO

That was my thought.

With all four Phantom LEDs red,  and the legs flashing white,  it looks like a couple of UFOs coming at your.

Sid
2016-2-16
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules