Customer service and faulty drone.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josh.andrew1992
New

Australia

Hi Guys,

A few months ago I have bought a Phantom 3 standard in Australia ($1200, a week later $800) Ever since we have had it, it has never gone further than 100 meters, even in the middle of nowhere and on beaches (evidence in DJI app!) I first thought that was because of a firmware update as more users were having this problem. A month later however, the firmware is completed updated. I have tried it in a 1000 different circumstances, but I can't get it over 100 meters. Recently I have returned it to the shop I bought it off, who told us to bring it to EE hobbies in Melbourne where there are DJI technicians available. They have flown it and also couldn't fly it more than 200-250 meters.They then told us it needs to be send back to the manifacturer and that it will take 6 weeks for it to return. We are however travelling through Australia, which is the reason we bought the drone in the first place. Therefore, we obviously don't want to be without a drone for 6 weeks! They told us we could get a loan drone for the time and we suggested we would spend a bit more money and get the advanced instead, which I don't think is a very unreasonable request. More money for them, better drone for me. They then said that is not possible, and that we can then keep the loan drone, which by the way is second hand! When I said that for that money I would expect a new one, they told us that the loan one is in a better condition than mine. Well yeah, OBVIOUSLY, MINE IS FAULTY.  We then asked for a refund, as the shop we bought it off websites mentions that is possible if a product is faulty. Again, same answer as it hasn't been proven faulty (but it has been by the DJI technicians). We then rang the guys who flew it at EE Hobbies, and he told me he pretty much is sure there is a major fault. Again, same answer.

DJI itself however is impossible to reach. Doesn't reply to emails, and if they do they just tell us to ask someone else. Is this customer service? Or am I being unreasonable? For the money I have spent on this drone, I would have expected a bit more.
2016-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You have rights, and if it is faulty, then it should be repaired or replaced. However, unless you were offered a warranty at the time of purchase that's stipulates a replacement if it is found to be faulty within a certain time, it is the right of the manufacturer to decide to either replace it or repair it. Also, it is the responsibility of the shop where you bought it to handle any warranty claims. They should not ask you to take it to someone else. If I remember correctly, any claim within 7 days of purchase for a faulty product should get you a replacement item. DJI does not have to deal with you either, again it is the responsibility of the seller. That's why manufacturers appoint sales outlets. You are not being unreasonable, probably not tackling it from the right angle.
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Josh!
Where did you purchase your drone?
Could you please share ticket number that you received after contacting DJI?
2016-2-17
Use props
jeronimbabic
lvl.1

Croatia

any news????
2016-2-18
Use props
Vls Shareto
New

Same here bought a P3 pro  with all the goodies called DJI for service as the controller battery went stone dead, Was told I can not purchase a battery but for 200 dollars plus shipping I could send it to them wait 4 to 6 weeks and if they detirmine it to be defective I Could purchase a new one.  If I decide not to buy a new one  I still have to pay the 200 for service charge  
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules