Gain Setting
5109 6 2015-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

In some of the videos you guys have shared, your drone movement is very smooth (turning, forward, etc).  It seems the only way i can get 'really slow smooth movement' is to barely move my RC sticks which is a bit tedious at times.  I was wondering if maybe my gain settings are an option for me to improve this.  can anyone tell me what the gain settings below actually do?  the text states it but is somewhat ambiguous.

2015-1-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Hiiiiiii,  your gain settings can be changed.  Just decrease them 5 to 10% and test it while flying.  You want to turn slower so the YAW would be the one to change.  Just be aware of other changes in flight changes that might affect.  You always have the default button there to reset the numbers if the changes causes adverse effects on the handling characteristics.
Gertrude and Heathcliffe stuck their nose outside and decided not to fly, it's only 10 degrees.  BRRRRrrrrrrr
2015-1-6
Use props
knowonecares
lvl.1
United States

The screenshot shows default settings, from factory mine was set at 120% on all Basics and 200% on both Attitudes. Any thoughts?
2015-1-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

knowonecares Posted at 2015-1-7 00:30
The screenshot shows default settings, from factory mine was set at 120% on all Basics and 200% on b ...

If it handles good to your liking, then why change it.
2015-1-6
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

I adjusted my pitch and roll down to 100%. Roll is still to fast for my liking. I may drop it by another 20%. I left the yaw setting at the factory default but installed a switch on the transmitter with 10K ohm resistors. it is nice to be able to switch YAW speeds in flight and not have to load the software to do it.
In the down position the YAW rate functions at the current gain settings. In the up position is is slowed based on the resistor value. 10K provides a nice slow turn.  The yaw switch must be in the fast (factory) setting or the Phantom's motors will not start. Switching the switch in flight is OK and does not shut off the motors.

2015-1-6
Use props
davidw63.comcas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Yea. you can change the Attitude for smoother response. I have mine set at 125%.
2015-2-22
Use props
JayOliver
lvl.1

Germany

You should leave the basics alone. If you want to give yourself some what of  a "larger area" to maneuver your directional stick then you should adjust the ATTITUDE. I found the default of 260 too much for my fingers. I lowered mine to 150. The 150 is without any gimbal or camera attached. The more weight you have, the higher you need the attitude settings. Remember if you change it, you must press enter on your keypad  after changing the value with the drone connected and powered up. If you change it and hate it, do the same thing but click the default button to go back.
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules