Customer service, advice to all drone owners!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
morrison91
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I purchased both a standard and advanced phantom 3 from UK retailer Jessops, i got the standard in october 2015 and the advanced 5 weeks ago since i loved the standard and the advanced drone is now lost at sea the firth of clyde in Ayrshire, Scotland.

On saturday 13/02/2016 i was flying my advanced drone at my local beach park when suddenly it would not respond to any signal i was sending from the receiver. The drone flew out to sea and that was the last i saw of it. I am heartbroken after spending £700 on what i thought was a flawless piece of technologoy.

I originally contacted the retailer on Saturday 13 Feb, straight after the incident and they advised me to contact DJI, I then emailed DJI but the didnt respond to my email, i have been chasing this up and fulfilling there requests for further information via support live chat and emails. This morning i received an email from DJI advising the following:

Dear David,

I do have an update, however you are not going to like it. I don’t know how but the Fight Records in your application are corrupted. I have talked with the Engineers who do the analyzations and evaluations and unfortunately we can’t work with corrupted data, as such warranty services will not be applied, fort this I am incredibly sorry.

It pains me to be the bearer of bad news, Hope to have informed you

DJI Support EU

Stefan

I cannot, and will not be held accountable for faulty equipment, or the corrupt flight data when they provided the tools to record such information.

I recommend that DJI investigate the root cause for the faulty flight data and release a fix for it ASAP before more incidents occur! And that my drone is replaced as quickly as possible as i simply cannot afford to donate £700 to your company!

Jessops, if you come across this post - please see the below statement in bold!

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, traders are legally responsible to sell goods which are
  • ‘as described’, meaning the the actual product must match any  description(s) given to the customer before purchase by which the goods  are identified
  • of satisfactory quality, that is they are of a standard that  would reasonably be expected taking into consideration the price paid  and description. In appropriate circumstances the quality of the goods  will include freedom from minor defects, durability, safety, and   appearance and finish.
  • fit for all purposes made known to the seller at the time of purchase

Many Thanks,
Dave

2016-2-19
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

HI! I'm sorry for your drone, so you can't see your flight record on your mobile devices? What data are you talking about that are corrupted?
2016-2-19
Use props
morrison91
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-2-19 10:09
HI! I'm sorry for your drone, so you can't see your flight record on your mobile devices? What data  ...

Yeah i can, DJI asked me to upload the flight record to the cloud for them to investigate but they cant view it.
2016-2-19
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

Have you tried uploading the data from the flight records on your mobile device to Healthy Drones? I have no idea if DJI and Healthy Drones use the same procedure to view the data, but it would be worth trying.

Sorry for your loss.
2016-2-19
Use props
SkyDesign
lvl.1

Croatia

Healthy Drones!!!!!!
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

I'm sorry for your loss! Could you please provide us your DJI ID so we will double check it here in HQ. Thank you!
2016-2-19
Use props
morrison91
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-19 13:08
I'm sorry for your loss! Could you please provide us your DJI ID so we will double check it here in  ...

It is morrison91 - will pm you my email.

EDIT

email address is dji id above and @dr.com

Complicating to prevent the spam bots hoping you can resolve this asap tim.
2016-2-19
Use props
morrison91
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Will try that tonight.
2016-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules