Night flying
2145 5 2015-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
collinrandle
lvl.1

United States

I took my phantom 2 up last night for my first night flight. It went great except for i got a big red glare making the whole picture red when i the camera is level facing forward. Is there a way to dim the lights or do i just have to limit the gimbal from facing that far up.

2015-1-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The red glare is from the red lights on the Phantom.  I made a night flight and my shield blocked the red cast.  It also works great to block the prop shadows when looking toward the sun.  You could also put black tape on the front lights and rely on the lights in the back for positioning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/33135121 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
night 1.jpg
night 2.jpg
2015-1-6
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

set the metering function to point in the video settings
2015-1-6
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

I love night flights, I just point the camera down a little.  I fly a lot at night so put spot lights on the legs so I can see what is in front of me. I am now working on a quick disconnect as the lights lower flight time by a few mins and are not needed during the day.  The lights also allow you to see the bird from really far away. Much further than the nav lights.

I actually hit this bird bath once.

While it doesn't help with objects far away it does help with stuff closer.  
2015-1-6
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Love the red white and blue on your Phantom, drone.
2015-1-7
Use props
elbuncho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first two flights were evening and then at night and it was actually a great way to work on LOS flying.  For me anyway.
2015-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules