Can anyone recommend a decent beginner level photo/video program?
1275 13 2016-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

I just downloaded the Divnci Resolve 12 and watched a hour long video and I am still lost....

is there another program out there that might be a tad easier to grasp onto?

I am just now learning how to use a camera and then software to get the most out of what each camera has to offer... I am a totl newbie.

Also AEB 3 or 5 shot... what does that do?

2016-2-19
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DaVinci Resolve
2016-2-19
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guess it depends on what computer platform you are running. I find Mac's latest incarnation of Imovie very easy to use. Took me about an hour following a video tutorial to make my first one. Very easy and somewhat intuitive...
2016-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

AEB = Auto Exposure Bracketing...
http://www.hdr-photography.com/aeb.html

Enjoy, the awesome features of your kit. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Resolve is very powerful and free, but it can be a bitch to learn, I don't blame you for getting lost in it. You might try Go Pro's free GoPro Studio software, it is much easier to get to know, even though it is far less capable then Resolve. You get it from the GoPro web site.

'AEB 3 or 5 Shot' means Automatic Exposure Bracketing, which is a poor name because it really does not say what it does. It is like take a bet each way with the bookies. You want to take a still photo but you don't know which exposure setting to use, so you use AEB and it takes either 3 or 5 shots in succession, each one using a different exposure value. You can then choose the shot that looks best.  
2016-2-19
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I know you're Pain.... I mainly got into drones for mapping.  
Thus now after visiting this forum I have been trying to learn how to edit some cool video, like I see some of the artist do here.
Attempting to even master basic task puts a whole new perspective on the amount of work those guys do.....
I just downloaded DaVinci Resolve myself after Geebax recomended it.  I honestly think the hardest thing about it is mastering the new non-linear timeline (thingy---mobobber) system of editing.  
I am forcing myself to learn it because that seems to be the way all new software is trending.

Good Luck you're not alone
2016-2-19
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Thank you everyone!
2016-2-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

you can also try the search tab and key in "video edit", there are currently 60+ different threads,
There are some very simple per se to use though with limited ability

Good luck.
2016-2-20
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try Filmora, its free to try and about $50 to buy the full version.
2016-2-20
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

I am on it... if anyone else wants to chime in with other programs by all means.

Whats a good source to go to and watch/read learn how to fully appreciate what these programs have to offer.  Somebody who is a god instructor has the ability to articulate his/her ideas rather well?  I find I learn better if I have a instructor of sorts.

Thanks again.
2016-2-20
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I use final cut pro. There are several tutorials to be found. As well on you tube from Larry Jordan as on Lynda.com
It's not easy but with the help of these tutorials is possible.
You can always run a tryout version to see if you like it.
2016-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FlyGuy Posted at 2016-2-22 08:40
I use final cut pro. There are several tutorials to be found. As well on you tube from Larry Jordan  ...

That's OK if he has a Mac, it is not available for Windows.
2016-2-21
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

Mexico

FlyGuy Posted at 2016-2-22 05:40
I use final cut pro. There are several tutorials to be found. As well on you tube from Larry Jordan  ...

Looki there - All the way over in Belgium!-
Somehow feel we're related

Cheers
2016-2-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

FlyGirl Posted at 2016-2-25 21:52
Looki there - All the way over in Belgium!-
Somehow feel we're related

Your cat looks familiar.  I wonder if it knows my cat?
2016-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules