3194 9 2016-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
avantdrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4044170 ft
Brazil

Folks, please we need help,

We have an aerial image enterprise, and we mostly use the Ispire 1 to work and acquire footage. Since last firmware upgrade (i dont know if it has something to do with the issue) the machine worked fine, awsome images. Suddenly started an horrible jello effect in every video. We tried a lot of stuff and nothing helped.

Facts:
The firmware is the latest
All props are balanced
The aircraft never suffered falls or any crashes
We always use ND filter to improve quality and decrease shutter speed
The compass and all sensors okay (we did calibration several times to exclude this possibility)
Inspire flies perfectly, nothing seems to be wrong
We tried the T joints fix (some people say that because they are a little bit loose somethimes it could influence in jello)
Tried to change the rubbers of the gimbal and same result
Changed the gimbal gains to the 3 different preset configurations and again Jello!

We are attaching a video examplo with our inspire's real and raw video.
LINK:

Please help us. And it's not in warranty period anymore. And here in brazil is impractible send back to DJI due our borders issues, customs and taxes.

We need a practical and doable solution.

Thank you very much.

2016-2-19
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I have jello problems since months however not so strong. I can still get it away with ND filters but BEFORE Fw 1.5+ with ESC 1.11 I didnt have these problems.

Try to change the camera as you fly in the middle of the town anyway go to a shop who has Inspire and ask them for an X3 just for testing in front of their store. Would be interesting if its the camera. DJI suggested me to exchange mine but I still didnt do because I also dont want to send it around especially because I think the firmware is the problem and not the camera.

Which was the last firmware you had which did work without problems? 1.4?
2016-2-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I am sorry to say if you have done all of those steps, You more than likely have a defective camera.  If you have any way of swapping another X3 camera ( to test the theory) I would do so.  I know this is not the answer you want but thats what all the symptoms point to.

good luck -donnie
2016-2-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You do not fly with the gear down do you?
I notice a hell of a bad vibration on mine, but only when gear down.  I would fly at about 6 feet high  and walk around the aircraft ( Gear Up)  See if you can see the harmonic vibration on the aircraft.  Also touch the back of the camera gimbal  during flight see if it has that harmonic resonance.  

Sorry you are having this Jello effect.  It is very pronounced in your video,o should be easy to spot.

I know, easier said than done.

Good Luck -donnie
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Donnie said, can you try another gimbal. With all the steps you've taken it must be a gimbal/camera issue. That is really bad and I've only seen that bad with a really messed up aircraft.
Try to post in you local online website to see if someone is selling one and just see if you can make friends and try out their camera, or have them fly your camera to see if it is indeed the camera.
2016-2-22
Use props
geoff.d229
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7089459 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am getting similar issues with the X3/X5 camera and all lenses. It only happens when the firmware is above 1.4 (and as of right now for some reason the lowest I can get down to is 1.5 -- any suggestions to get back to 1.4?)

I believe it is related to my ESC firmware... but firmware 1.4 absolutely fixes it 100% .... If only I could go back....
2016-3-4
Use props
avantdrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4044170 ft
Brazil

Hi,

So, we bought a fresh new camera, installed and same problem. The problem was not the camera or gimbal.
I turned back the T joints as original, with some play in the arms, a little bit loose. And it almost did the job, but still jello while flying mostly to right direction, not yaw. I updated the camera firmware to new one, 1.7.0.90, and its a way much better. Its not perfect, between 80 and 90% improvement. But we can now work and save some footage.

Thanks everyone
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

avantdrones Posted at 2016-3-30 03:57
Hi,

So, we bought a fresh new camera, installed and same problem. The problem was not the camera or ...

Glad you have it nearly fixed.
How many hours does the Inspire have, maybe it's time to go through it and check the tightness of everything.
You also are free to send it in to be evaluated if the jello gets worse.
2016-3-29
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

try using the zip tie method. It worked for me
2016-3-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

`Sounds like you have covered everything correctly and now you have tried the new camera too.

Did you consider the rubber grommets that hold the camera mounting plate? I wonder if these are going bad? The other thing is to try the new larger X3 / X5 gimbal mounting plate, I see a big difference between the new mounting plate on my Inspire 1 V2 as compared to my old Inspire 1 V1.

Good Luck figuring this out and I think you are almost there!!

Rich
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules