Best Gain and Expo Settings
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abturkington
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have a P3P and every time I try to take a nice cinematic video of the horizon it always looks terrible.
The pan from left to right is either way to slow or way to fast, and if I try to adjust the speed of it while recording it ruins the video.
So what are the best settings for the gain and expo etc for the drone as a whole so that I can get a nice smooth pan and nice steady forward and backwards motion.
Thanks
2016-2-20
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Gain won't have much effect, but it might smooth out any jerkiness in direction changes.  The lower the Expo the easier it will be to pan smoothly.  You still get the same top panning rate, it's just more progressive.  Just test it for yourself at different settings.

What's much more important though, is lots of practice.
2016-2-20
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many reference this video:

As well as this one:

Also factor in this thread pertaining to P3 vibrations:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-39365-1-1.html
And add a little DJI-TIM as well:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-39893-1-1.html
2016-2-20
Use props
mortensteinnes
New

Martinique

I tend to have the same problem... I'd like to make a "Waypoint movie" that ends up in a climbing spiral from 3m to around 400m as the ending of a movie...
Not to go of topic, but does the yaw/rudder expo influence the autopilot modes like POI and Waypoints...
2016-2-21
Use props
mortensteinnes
New

Martinique

I tend to have the same problem... I'd like to make a "Waypoint movie" that ends up in a climbing spiral from 3m to around 400m as the ending of a movie...
Not to go of topic, but does the yaw/rudder expo influence the autopilot modes like POI and Waypoints...
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules