compass error/abnormal
1319 4 2016-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
milanpatel2601
New

United Kingdom

compass error comes up on screen we have try in different areas even in big park/ garden still having problem.
so far we calibrate aircraft however it says "compass error,please move the aircraft to different location."

how to fix the issues.

2016-2-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just calibrate the compass at every new location.
2016-2-20
Use props
milanpatel2601
New

United Kingdom

thanks for reply R&L Aerial
everytime doing calibrate but still having problem on it as showing me as compass error
aircraft status :
compass  status abnormal
overall status normal
third status compass error

2016-2-20
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

milanpatel2601@ Posted at 2016-2-21 04:45
thanks for reply R&L Aerial
everytime doing calibrate but still having problem on it as showing me ...

If you are always getting this problem, look at the  compass data in the Sensors section of the app.
If it shows zero for the compass data values, you have a broken or disconnected compass and it will  never calibrate without fixing.
If it has some numbers, it should be able to calibrate properly but you have to endure that you aren't trying somewhere close to cars, structural steel or reinforced concrete.
2016-2-20
Use props
NickTony
lvl.1

Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-2-21 07:07
If you are always getting this problem, look at the  compass data in the Sensors section of the ap ...

I can confirm that this is true. My P4 has a disconnected (i.e. broken compass) through a botched repair job on my own part. I can now never calibrate the compass, and DJI don't yet sell spare compasses for the P4. :-(

And I do not want to send it to them and wait many weeks for repair, and spend hundreds of dollars, on a repair that I could easily do by myself, which would probably cost no more than about $60 if the part I need was available to buy online!

Still, as the P4 was calibrated properly before the compass broke, it still flies correctly and does not drift at all, so I will continue to risk it!
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules