OSMO Panorama issues
1890 10 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajmeier
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I am running the latest firmware and the latest IOS app on my 6s plus. However, regardless of whether I select a self panorama or a regular one, it only perfroms a selfie. Anyone else having this issue?

Tony
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Could you please tell me how you operated it?
2016-2-21
Use props
rodelm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253602 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-22 19:30
Could you please tell me how you operated it?

i encounter the same issue. basically, It works as expected when I select 180deg Selfie panorama, but when I select 180deg Forward, the camera is still taking the selfie mode pano.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to update the firmware to the latest  version. If the problem still exist, please let me know.
2016-2-22
Use props
ajmeier
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-23 12:00
Please try to update the firmware to the latest  version. If the problem still exist, please let me  ...

Hi, I am using the app. I select 180 pano or selfie, and it only performs selfie. Switch back and forth does not change this. As I mentioned in my original post, I am running the latest software on both the Osmo and my iPhone 6s+
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ajmeier Posted at 2016-2-25 12:55
Hi, I am using the app. I select 180 pano or selfie, and it only performs selfie. Switch back and  ...

Sorry! But, it should not appear this problem. Could you please show me the version information in your DJI GO App?
2016-2-24
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-25 14:20
Sorry! But, it should not appear this problem. Could you please show me the version information in ...

I select 180 pano or selfie, and it only performs selfie. Switch back and forth does not change this. As I mentioned in my original post, I am running the latest software on both the Osmo and my iPhone 6s+

DJI Adela,
Has this issue been resolved?
I have recently purchase the Osmo, and have found this very same issue occurring. Should I return the Osmo?

Please advise, if a fix has been discovered.

Regards,
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-6-8 07:44
I select 180 pano or selfie, and it only performs selfie. Switch back and forth does not change th ...

Hello.
The latest Osmo firmware is v1.6.2.10, and the latest version of DJI GO App for iOS is v2.8.3. Are you sure you've upgraded both of them into the latest one?
In the latest Osmo, this "180 forward pano" issue should not be a problem. Could you please double check your Osmo?
If the issue persists, please send me the upgrade log so that I can look into the details of the upgrade.

Wait for  your reply.
For any issue, please contact us freely.
Thanks.
2016-6-7
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-8 12:05
Hello.
The latest Osmo firmware is v1.6.2.10, and the latest version of DJI GO App for iOS is v2.8 ...

Adela.
Thank you for your quick response.
My Osmo was purchased from an authorized distributor here in the United States approx. 3 weeks ago as a slightly used item. While all the other functions on the Osmo appear to be in good working order, the 180 degree forward Panorama issue as previously described was just recently discovered.
I had hoped I wouldn't need to return it because of the like new condition it's in.
I wasn't comfortable upgrading the camera and Go App to the latest F/W version, because of other concerns some folks were experiencing after upgrading.  Issues such as failure of the camera to hold horizon when panning, and other such concerns.  Issues I'm not presently experiencing while using an older f/w version obviously installed back in December, 2015 when manufactured.
I'm not sure how I want to work around this issue, and if the Panorama selection mode is something I intend to use all that often.
I'm presently on IOS V2.8.2 of the Go App, and using Osmo f/w V1.0.1.19 which actually works quite well for my needs, aside from the erratic forward Panorama function.  : )

I will need to give this some thought before making a final decision one way or another.

Regards,
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-6-8 12:37
Adela.
Thank you for your quick response.
My Osmo was purchased from an authorized distributor h ...

Thanks for your reply.
Please note that the "180 forward Panorama" is a latter added feature in the DJI GO App after the release of firmware v1.0.1.19, if you want to use the new "180 forward Panorama" feature properly, you'll have to upgrade the firmware, and the latest firmware would be recommended for a better performance. Plus, as you may already know, there's some updates in the latest firmware, set aside any issues, it has fixed many reported issues as well.

If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us, we'll try our best to help you out.
Thanks.
2016-6-8
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-8 16:07
Thanks for your reply.
Please note that the "180 forward Panorama" is a latter added feature in t ...

Thank you, Adela.  I will consider my options further in this matter.

Best Regards,
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules