Batteries ???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
5thconcept
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4613 ft
United States

So Ive had an FC40 in the past and still own a P1, Got a P3A this past week - charged it up etc both batteries one that came in the P3A and a second one. Long story short I installed the battery yesterday in my P3 just to mess around in the flight simulator and noticed a really low number 1 cell - was a little strange posted some pictures of it on social media etc. Then someone asked me to post a picture of the actual battery! it was then I noticed it looked different to the second one which I purchsed seperately as part of a bundle.

So I asked the dealer who I got it from why this battery looks different "Dual language writing on it and not your typical plain english" and I was told thats how DJI are shipping the batteries in their phantoms now (as they switched) so now im wondering if im being lied to or did DJI infact change them? as I feel like I may have paid full price for a battery and they swapped my authentic battery into my phantom and sold me a generic one as a second unit. (if that makes sense)
2016-2-22
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I think you got a knock off brand, but the Dji guys could answer that better.
2016-2-22
Use props
5thconcept
lvl.1
United States

Here is a picture of the battery the dealer says that DJI is shipping in their units now!  

Here is what they said to me word for word when I asked them about it.

"The ones that come with the copter are now labeled differently from the extra batteries. I have no idea why DJI did this. We but direct from DJI so we know they are legit."
Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 2.38.08 PM.png
2016-2-22
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-DJI-P3 ... ntom/dp/B00Y1W5EEU/
2016-2-22
Use props
5thconcept
lvl.1
United States

Yesi know what the proper one looks like "I purchased a second battery in a bundle along with backpack case" just odd they are different. Im just wanting to see if DJI can confirm this is that case or am I being lied to by a dealer thats trying to cut corners offering an extra battery and swapping them over from the original to a cheap imitation.
Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 3.23.46 PM.png
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

5thconcept Posted at 2016-2-23 04:40
Here is a picture of the battery the dealer says that DJI is shipping in their units now!  

Here is ...

Yes, that is a DJI battery, just a different logo.
You are totally fine.
2016-2-22
Use props
5thconcept
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Ken! I just wanted to ensure I wasn't getting ripped off, just the first cell is a lot lower than the other 3 and had a concern when I saw the markings on the outside being different !
2016-2-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

5thconcept Posted at 2016-2-23 08:35
Thanks Ken! I just wanted to ensure I wasn't getting ripped off, just the first cell is a lot lower  ...

For some reason this is happening a bit lately, I had the same issue and returned the battery. The odd thing is it always seems to happen to Cell 1.
2016-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules