How many Intelligent Batteries do you have?
1198 21 2016-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iPilot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I put my P3Pro in the air for the first time today :-) just getting the feel for it after switching from a F550 Hexacopter. After using my 2 batteries I was frozen stiff and glad to be heading home. However, it got me thinking, would I be cursing that I didnt have another battery (or 2) if the sun had been out?

I did sometimes find I was spending a lot of time cycling batteries (due to rain stopping play) when I had 4 with F550 so dont want to fall in that trap again.

So how many batteries do most of you P3 flyers have?

2016-2-24
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Today a have 3 with the original that comes with Phantom.
2016-2-24
Use props
simon.modera
lvl.1
Canada

In total I have 7. The thinking being that I could be out on a few challenging jobs in a day and HOPING the RC and iPad will hold charge long enough. I carry a Cube charger for the iPad (adds only about 20%).  I have yet to get into such a situation (so far maxed 3 in a day - not a lot of flying as I bring UAV down when I get the low warning (dont bother pushing to critical unless I only have a couple minutes of work left to do).   

But here's the rub - as the intelligent batteries lose their charge (deliberately) I suspect I will need a roster to rotate usage and do the top up. The 4 battery charger allows you to line them up but effectively only charges one at a time or the RC. so its a serial charging process.
2016-2-24
Use props
Neil Myers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have 4 and agree 2 is enough in north of England in the winter for sure.
2016-2-24
Use props
chanrz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171043 ft
United States

I have 4 batteries.
2016-2-24
Use props
chanrz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171043 ft
United States

double post
2016-2-24
Use props
iPilot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Neil Myers Posted at 2016-2-24 19:15
I have 4 and agree 2 is enough in north of England in the winter for sure.

Good point, well made LOL
2016-2-24
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

Seems to me the number of batteries one pilot has wouldn't matter to another unless his or her needs were the same.  I'm basing my number of batteries on the amount of time I want to fly and how convenient it is to charge my batteries.  In addition, I considered what would happen if I have a battery failure in a location where I can't charge and is a long way to a charging location.  For instance, if I'm in the woods and don't have charging capability.  Just my $.02
2016-2-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have 4 intelligent flight battery packs, 2 100w charger sets.

And 2 boxes of boot warmers. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-24
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Three batteries for two P3's and seven batteries for my P2V+. Spent several hours flying last week running the seven down to 8%.
2016-2-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I've got two.  With the type of flying I do so far, that's 1/2 more than what I need.    If I got to fly more, I'd likely want more, at least for the summer time.  For winter, I spend most of my time managing them.  Try using one at a time for awhile and see how you like it.  You may find that during the cooler part of the year, that's all you need.  Carry an inverter and your charger so you can charge your spare, in case you get to a location and decide it is worth doing more shooting.  Spend the charging time planning your flight(s).

Remember, let your battery cool down before charging it.  I like to get it down to room temperature.  Obviously, if you're in the field flying, you won't want to wait that long.  Just don't charge it while it is hot.
2016-2-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-24 18:52
Don't think you can... If you know how, please tell us.

Edit
Additional options
Delete
2016-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-2-25 11:54
Edit
Additional options
Delete

Thank you. Interesting though, your post appears to have gone too.
2016-2-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-24 19:44
Thank you. Interesting though, your post appears to have gone too.

Because I deleted it when I answered your question.
2016-2-24
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-2-24 18:20

"Because I deleted it when I answered your question."

Which confuses the heck out of everyone else. This a public forum, which means the answers to a persons' questions benefit that person, plus anyone else that comes along to read the question + the answer given. Now we have the answer to a question we don't know.\
2016-2-24
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

I have 6 intelligent batteries.
2016-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-2-25 13:20

Phew, I thought I had buggered it up and pinged your message as well.
2016-2-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-2-24 20:23
"Because I deleted it when I answered your question."

Which confuses the heck out of everyone els ...

Not for the message deleted.  Notice I left the pertinent one in place.  I only deleted the one that wasn't of any use to anyone.  I'm with you.  Leaving even the stupid things is useful to SOMEONE.  
2016-2-24
Use props
Neil Myers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-2-25 00:50
I've got two.  With the type of flying I do so far, that's 1/2 more than what I need.    If I got  ...

I have 4 but agree with many of your points, planning in your downtime makes sense but I am like a kid with a new toy and just want more......
note to self: must get more sensible as I get older (now 51)
2016-3-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Neil Myers Posted at 2016-3-1 14:00
I have 4 but agree with many of your points, planning in your downtime makes sense but I am like a ...

I've got you by 20 more yrs.  
2016-3-1
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I have two dumb batteries, they run out of juice way too quickly!
2016-3-1
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

I have 2 batteries (including the one that came with the bird). But I´ll probably get a third one as soon as (hopefully) the prices go down a bit after P4 was launched.
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules