Using data with WiFi Phantom connection on Android
1271 3 2016-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drdoubleb
lvl.3
United States

I just got the Phantom 3 4k, which connects via WiFi... unfortunately on Android at least, using WiFi turns off data. To get through setup and firmware updates I had to repeatedly switch back and forth, but the bigger problem is that I have no data for the map to load. I'm able to slowly load pieces by turning off WiFi, losing my connection to the Phantom, loading some map areas, then turning WiFi back on, but it's a pain. Anyone figured out a way around all this?
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

You can load the map at home using WIFI preciously.  Just enter DJI GO app, tap and drag the map to let it cache, then when you go outside next time connecting to Phantom WIFI, you will be able to see the cached map.
2016-2-25
Use props
drdoubleb
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, yeah that would work too, I currently switch my WiFi off to get the map via data (4G), I was hoping there was a workaround to have both at the same time.
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

drdoubleb Posted at 2016-2-28 16:06
Thanks, yeah that would work too, I currently switch my WiFi off to get the map via data (4G), I was ...

Most of the mobile phone can't support mobile data and wifi module at the same time.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules