4884 17 2016-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SebastianZ1986
New
Flight distance : 25525 ft
Germany

Hi together,

I have had a problem with charging the battery of my remote for the P3P.
After sending this to my dealer he fixed this problem somehow. I don`t know exactly what he does but it looks like this is fixed.

BUT:
After connecting my Xperia Tab to my remote i needet to update firmware. Download started, start Firmware update > failed.
Also I have the message that sais: Deserializer disconnected. Solution: Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repair.

I have opened the remote to check the connections. Everything looks fine so far (I`ll retry later again).
In different forums I read something about a different .bin File for firmware reset. This was from beginning of last year on the Inspiron.
I have tried this with a micoSD/USB dirrefent USB Drives but nothing works.
Also the original firmware (actual downloadable version) doesn`t start any kind of firmware update process on my remote. When the P3P is turned off the indicator on RC stays red.

I have disconnected the RC from P3P by pushing the button next to indicator light unter the P3P. Now I have no connection to the P3P any more.
Still same problem.

Also before disconnecting there was "NO SIGNAL" and no video image on the tablet. BUT I could control the gimbal by the wheel on RC.

help me out. :-) I hope I can help someone or someone can help me.
Technical support chat was no success for me.

Sebastian

Sorry about the english.

2016-2-25
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sebastian,
   Two courses possible that I can think of:
1) Check back with your dealer for advice and support.
2) Try resetting the RC and reload the RC update:
     It’s possibly that the 1765 module on your remote controller failed updating. To reset, please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time -> C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO!
    Meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated.

2016-2-25
Use props
SebastianZ1986
New
Germany

I`ll check this after work. Thanks a lot :-)
2016-2-25
Use props
SebastianZ1986
New
Germany

Unfortunately that doesn't help. Ist still Same fault and the update is Not possible. Either with Android nor with ios
2016-2-25
Use props
paulcragg66
New
Flight distance : 5154 ft
United Kingdom

I've  got  the  same  problem  contacted  DJI  and  Dji  dealers  will let you  know  outcome .
2016-4-11
Use props
paulcragg66
New
Flight distance : 5154 ft
United Kingdom

Come on  DJI I want to fly
2016-4-11
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a similar issue with my P3 Pro Remote Control.  Connected to the DJI app I have two problems. First the DJI GO app thinks my P3 Pro RC is a P4 RC and I do not get to select Phantom 3 Professional from a drop-down list because there is no drop down list displayed - P4 is the only picture presented.  Then, when I go into the camera page, it tells me the RC needs a firmware update, but all attempts to update the firmware from the app fail and it says "Deserializer disconnected. Hardware malfunction, please contact customer service for repair."  I have also tried to update the RC firmware by touching the "hat" icon on the upper right corner of the main page (where the picture of the P4 is erroneously displayed) for 10+ seconds.  This then brings up a screen that gives me one choice for downgrading the firmware to 1.5.8.  This process always gives me hope because it successfully downloads the firmware and then I can start the INSTALL, which gets to 34% complete and then fails - EVERY TIME! @!##$!!   Can anyone suggest a way to fix this problem without sending the RC back to DJI?
2016-4-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Wasn't the Deserializer a weapon they used on board the USS Enterprise?
2016-4-15
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-16 01:14

I was thinking more along the lines of using a Klingon battle ax to "adjust" my P3 RC.
2016-4-16
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I've had this problem on a remote before.  I had previously changed the USB module on the bottom for a HDMI version.  Some time after this I heard rattling inside the controller.  I opened it to discover broken plastic from the supports where the two halves are screwed together.  It seems one piece had lodged under the ribbon cable on the main board and damaged the edge connector.  This error kept popping up intermittently.   With the remote open, I applied finger pressure across the connector so that it would "bite" the ribbon cable better.  The error message went away.  Disturbing the cable again caused the error to return.  Restoring the original USB module made no difference.  Unfortunately in my case the damage to the connector was too severe and I needed to buy a new remote.

Error messages about the deserializer are related to the USB serial lines.  So you have some failure of the USB port, loose connection of the ribbon cable at the module or on the main board.  This may be fixed by reseating the cable.
remote.jpg
2016-4-16
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-16 16:14

Sounds more like something out of Men In Black.
2016-4-16
Use props
canopus
New

Hi i have the same problem .. any solution ? or any help ? thank you.
2016-4-21
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

canopus Posted at 2016-4-21 13:17
Hi i have the same problem .. any solution ? or any help ? thank you.

looks like I have same problem(((
2016-4-26
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

skatsuba Posted at 2016-4-26 15:56
looks like I have same problem(((

Have you recently opened the housing of your RC or replaced USB module with an HDMI module? If so, you may have damaged or loosened the ribbon cable that extends from the USB module to the Main Board inside the RC.  Or you may have damaged the ribbon cable connector on the Main Board - this is most likely if you opened the RC housing without first disconnecting the black ribbon cable from the USB module.

If the ribbon cable is loose, you may be able to reconnect it.  It the cable or the connector on the Main Board are damaged - you're done.
2016-4-29
Use props
ombravo
New
Ecuador

Hi, anybody got this problem solved, in my case I flew with no problems four months ago until today that I connected everything normally and found this message and the drone connects for like 5 seconds but no image signal and then disconnects from the app, but the controller shows green light all the time. I asume it´s an app issue, this is very strange. Thanks in advance for any advice
2017-10-25
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-15 22:14

No No...that is what they use on Captain Crunch to keep it from getting soggy...
2017-10-25
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

ombravo Posted at 2017-10-25 17:48
Hi, anybody got this problem solved, in my case I flew with no problems four months ago until today that I connected everything normally and found this message and the drone connects for like 5 seconds but no image signal and then disconnects from the app, but the controller shows green light all the time. I asume it´s an app issue, this is very strange. Thanks in advance for any advice

It's more likely to be a hardware issue than an app issue.  As I mentioned above in post #10, I had it appear due to intermittent contact with the wiring from the USB module on the bottom of the controller.  It could be the connectors or the ribbon cable, or it could be the circuitry in the module itself or the USB plug.  It is reporting that the serial bus information is being interrupted.  Have you changed this module recently, such as adding the HDMI functionality?

The controller will still function correctly, this error only affects your screen device and the data flowing between the controller and the device.  It's much the same as if you have a broken USB cable between your PC and an external device.   The controller itself is a "dumb" radio remote control and will still fly the aircraft through the joystick commands and physical buttons.  That's why you still have a green light.  It's all the software controlled stuff that you access through the screen that isn't reliable.
2017-10-26
Use props
ombravo
New
Ecuador

endotherm Posted at 2017-10-26 07:50
It's more likely to be a hardware issue than an app issue.  As I mentioned above in post #10, I had it appear due to intermittent contact with the wiring from the USB module on the bottom of the controller.  It could be the connectors or the ribbon cable, or it could be the circuitry in the module itself or the USB plug.  It is reporting that the serial bus information is being interrupted.  Have you changed this module recently, such as adding the HDMI functionality?

The controller will still function correctly, this error only affects your screen device and the data flowing between the controller and the device.  It's much the same as if you have a broken USB cable between your PC and an external device.   The controller itself is a "dumb" radio remote control and will still fly the aircraft through the joystick commands and physical buttons.  That's why you still have a green light.  It's all the software controlled stuff that you access through the screen that isn't reliable.

I have never touched a screw, everything is original with no drops or crashes, I guess i´ll try to open it very carefully and see if there is something loose because I already tried new cables and everything, the app just keeps showing the same error. I´ll let you know if I find some solution or cause for this, thank you
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules