iPad Air Pro
1668 15 2016-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scoobster
lvl.1
Canada

Anyone know of a bracket that will fit the iPad Air Pro? The only ones I was able to find can fit the Air 2
2016-2-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

None of the DJI holders will fit it, so your best bet is eBay, but they may not see a market in making a holder for a tablet with limited sales. Someone with probably make a 3D printed one, so don't be sucked into that. Only buy a metal one.
2016-2-26
Use props
Scoobster
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks! I do hope they will make one, would love to use that large screen to view on.
2016-2-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Scoobster Posted at 2016-2-27 10:04
Thanks! I do hope they will make one, would love to use that large screen to view on.

Yeah, but now you will have to try and find a hoodie that is large enough.
2016-2-26
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Oh my, larger than an Air 2, are you blind lol J/K

2016-2-26
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-27 06:52
None of the DJI holders will fit it, so your best bet is eBay, but they may not see a market in maki ...

Why not a printed plastic one? I just purchased one and it seems pretty solid. The stock DJI bracket holder is pretty flimsy with the iPad Pro on there though. The added weight is just too much. I have a metal DJI bracket over on its way.
2016-2-27
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

lenw Posted at 2016-2-27 20:55
Why not a printed plastic one? I just purchased one and it seems pretty solid. The stock DJI brack ...

I just did a little research and it appears printed plastic can be weaker than injection molded.  It depends on the quality of material used.  I certainly don't want my iPad to fall off mid flight.  I was trying to avoid buying another dang iPad since I already have a new iPad pro but I may have to consider an iPad Air.  That would be more convenient as I could use it just for the drone.  
2016-2-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lenw Posted at 2016-2-27 23:55
Why not a printed plastic one? I just purchased one and it seems pretty solid. The stock DJI brack ...

For the very reason you discovered:

"I just did a little research and it appears printed plastic can be weaker than injection molded."

People are already replacing the standard mounting with machined aluminium ones for reasons of strength and rigidity.

2016-2-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-28 06:05

"I just did a little research and it appears printed plastic  ...

Can you imagine if!
Launched $1,500.00 Phantom with new $1,500 iPad Pro screen....
Cheap holder for iPad Pro snapped and the iPad Pro dropped and broke (-$1,500.00)
Was so panic stricken, did not know what to do with controls and Phantom flew away (-$1,500.00)..
Priceless...

Note to self...Do not skimp on bracket to hold big ass iPad!
2016-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Thinking back, I began this memorable journey with an iPad Mini and was convinced it was big enough for my needs.
But it wobbled around and got real hot way too fast, so  I returned it and traded up. Ordered the Inspire 1 device holder, and picked that up a few days later.
It made all the difference and I was confident my new Air 2 would be comfortable and safe. Yes The iPad Air 2 was my next choice,
but I chose the one without the Cellular ability, and so back I went to Apple Store that model returned as well, and again,
I traded up this time made the correct choice, Air 2 64Gb Cellular . It's seriously an exquisite pairing to the Phantom 3 Pro' simply awesomeness refined.
Ah, but the iPad Air 3 128gb Cellular, should be released any month now. ;-) it will blow everything else out of the water.
Perhaps the new Phantom 4 will need its processing power... ;-) very interesting times in the digital world. Love sitting back and watching it develop.
Funny to hear how many guys wouldn't move up to a new model, before we even know what it's going include. It may pull a few tricks out of its sleeves.

Perhaps the new radio controller will have a great aluminum or titanium metal, device holder...?

RedHotPoker
2016-2-27
Use props
Scoobster
lvl.1
Canada

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-28 06:19
Can you imagine if!
Cheap holder fo ...

ha ha ha ha no kidding
2016-2-27
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-28 06:05

"I just did a little research and it appears printed plastic  ...

"People are already replacing the standard mounting with machined aluminium ones for reasons of strength and rigidity."

Where can i find these?  I was only able to find the plastic. Just to make sure we are referring to the same component  I'm not talking about the piece that screws into the controller.  I do have an aluminum one of those on order.  I am looking for an adapter bracket that will attach allowing me to mount my larger iPad pro.  
2016-2-27
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-28 06:19
Can you imagine if!
Cheap holder fo ...

$1500 for the phantom and $1500 for an iPad?  LOL, you need to shop around.  
2016-2-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lenw Posted at 2016-2-28 15:02
"People are already replacing the standard mounting with machined aluminium ones for reasons of s ...

There isn't one. The Inspire bracket comes with an aluminium body and a plastic holder. The holder is slightly larger than the one for the P3, but it will only take up to an Air 2. As I said earlier, if someone thinks there is a big enough demand, they may come up with a larger holder, however I don't see it being a big enough seller to warrant tooling up for it.

I actually dislike Apple and their products, but I bought an Air 2 which is devoted to the Phantom, simply because they work very well in that situation.

2016-2-27
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14451480 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

iPad Pro would be grate! Even the Air 2 is to small. Put it on a tripod
2016-2-28
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I use a trypod with longer usb cable.. Tablet secured, stays put..And no weight on the controller. and others can watch the screen same as me.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules