Lost Control
910 4 2016-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cford88
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, this is my first post and my 2nd flight. I have done a ton of research but nothing will ever prepare you for real world experience until you actual fly. I have a Phantom 2 with all the latest updates. I was flying today and I had a low battery but all of a sudden the lights started flashing red on the bottom of the DJI and I lost control. I quickly flipped the right Switch to the center and control came back but I would like to see what you guys think happened becuase I am still researching it and don't want it to happen again. To be honest, I think I got real lucky but again, I am new and maybe I did the right thing.
Charlie

2016-2-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

i will post a link to some "must reads"..
And by the sound of it, you did get lucky, as with a low battery (that is what all those red flashing lights were) it would have prompted a return to home which you likely missed on the display of your phone/tablet, it would have ascended to whatever your rth was set at or at the default and gone home..Fact you toggled the switch and got the control back without knowing what it was doing was lucky for you (buy a lotto ticket..LOL)...

Check this out, very good info...https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

2016-2-27
Use props
cford88
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-28 05:30
i will post a link to some "must reads"..
And by the sound of it, you did get lucky, as with a low b ...

Thanks for the link, I actually don't have the vision and use the Zenmuse h3-3d with a GoPro so the app doesn't work and a valuable lesson has been learned about the battery level. I was using a 3rd party battery which I bought two of and will have to keep an eye on them I guess since they didn't seem to hold the charge like the OEM batteries.
2016-2-27
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Usually go pro units dont give battery info while in flight so the person flying has to use a stopwatch or guess how long they have left to fly.
2016-2-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Interesting, that would suck.....though they would have at least have had some flight data on their phone/tablet,
Hell, best mod for that vintage bird then would've been an egg timer mounted to the RC....
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules