Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC for handheld use
1066 3 2016-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maine Video Tou
lvl.1

United States

I have an opportunity to buy a Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC for very little money.  Other than a handheld platform to hang the gimbal and camera from, and a thumb control and LiPo battery, is there anything else needed to use the Z15 in a handheld mode?  I am thinking of using it for walking around shots, similar to the Ronin.  I believe the Z15-BMPCC already has an integrated GCU and IMU, so I am just looking for whatever "parts" I would need to complete the setup.  Thanks for the help!
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

I am sorry, but the Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC can't be used as handheld camera since the stabilization is achieved by the flight control instead of the camera it self. So it's not like the Ronin, you can't use thumb control and receiver.
2016-2-28
Use props
Maine Video Tou
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-28 23:09
I am sorry, but the Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC can't be used as handheld camera since the stabilization is ac ...

Thank you for your reply.  Does the Zenmuse Z15 have a FPV, or "follow" mode to allow for smooth turning of shots?
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Maine Video Tou Posted at 2016-2-29 22:22
Thank you for your reply.  Does the Zenmuse Z15 have a FPV, or "follow" mode to allow for smooth t ...

Yes, you can check the user manual, there are three working modes, Orientation-locked, Non orientation-locked and FPV(Reset). http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/z ... _Manual_v1.4_en.pdf
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules