Phantom3P Amazing Marsh Fire, 3 Mile flight!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nolafilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452054 ft
United States

This is an amazing tool, I was able to fly out over 1.5 miles to a marsh fire on the horizon - began to lose signal but only because there was a tree somewhere in the LOS so I just climbed to 100 feet and all was fine - iPad mini2 is invaluable, perfect fit!
2016-2-28
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Wow! Really cool, could be a great asset for firefighters.
2016-2-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I guess you guys don't watch the news.  Flying near fires is one of the reasons we have all these new rules now.  Firefighting aircraft can not fly when drones are in the air.  There have been a number of near misses.  You have no way of knowing from which direction the firefighting planes will come in at,  or at what altitude.  At the speed they move,  by the time you saw them,  it would be too late.  And they probably would not see you at all.  And how would you feel if one of them hit your P3 and crashed into the ground in a ball of fire?
Also,  because of people doing things like this,  you were in violation of the new laws,  and probably lucky not to get arrested.
2016-2-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Give the link to some of your local fire stations, and let them decide.
Perhaps there can be a service, that you could provide. Gratis. ;-)
Personally, I try to avoid filming tragedy or catastrophe.
Unless it was in my immediate surroundings, I wouldn't go looking for trouble, it will find you soon enough.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-28
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

Did you check with the fire department like you do with your other videos?  If they said it was OK then it shouldnt be an issue.
2016-2-28
Use props
leonardk12.comc
lvl.2
United States

Has all the markings of a man set, also called a controlled burn. A fire does not start in a line with lots of starting spots along a water ditch.
2016-2-28
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

For whatever reason, this is a controlled burn (notice the other fires).  Nonetheless, there may be spotter aircraft in the area.  Be careful.

And you might consider editing.  12 minutes of vegetation burning is a bit of a slog.  Plenty of good cuts and pans to make a good 3-4 minute video.  Unless you have a lot of dialog or action, don't count on much more of an attention span these days.
And you reall don't need  A giant watermark.   Be a tad more subtle.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules