Anti-Drop Kit
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

Good afternoon folks! I recently opened my new Phantom 3 Advanced and I have a question about the anti-drop pegs. I notice that only 2 of the 4 dampeners had the pegs installed. Is this the proper set up or should all four dampeners have those attached. I seem to recall seeing some still photos of the unit and some of the dampeners were without the pegs. Any enlightenment on this matter would be appreciated.
2016-3-1
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup, Its only installed on two of the mounts.  The goal is to keep it from completely separating from the aircraft.  2 is enough to do that in most cases....  Mine was the same
2016-3-1
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-1 14:53
Yup, Its only installed on two of the mounts.  The goal is to keep it from completely separating fro ...

Thanks for the quick reply. Puts my mind at ease.
2016-3-1
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Some people find that using all 4 prevents free movement of the gimbal and you get movement transferred on to your video. 2 seems to be optimal
2016-3-1
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Use zip ties on the other 2 as the two drop pins are not enough IMO, there are tons of videos of p3 gimbals flying on impact lol. You will!most likely not rip off the gimbal with zip ties but might break the top mounting plate which is like 10$ vs a new 400$-500$USD gimbal that flew off on impact to shatter in bits.
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules