SW limitation question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orange5ive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112477 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

I used to have an original Phantom, then an FC40 but I've been out of the game since then. A few mates have brought some cheap quads (XK 380's) and asked me to show them how to fly them, I got the bug again so now want a Phantom 3 Advanced....... Well I thought I did.....

Apparently there's been a few changes, I have read on the forum but not seen a definitive answer so anyone that could chip in that would be fab

Q1, I live in (according to the geo map) an 'Enhanced warning zone' it's a big green circle (RAF Shawbury 30 odd miles away never seen an aircraft where I live) - what will happen when I fire her up, can I just take off? Do I need to tick a disclaimer? Or do I need to be online and registered to fly?

Q2, I've seen loads of different figures for how high you can fly, am I right in thinking it arrives set at 120m and you can raise to 500m and that's your lot? I have no intention of going up to 500m so just curiosity really.

Q3, do all the limitations from the app apply if fly without phone attached? I.e. Line of sight with controller?

Q4, does geo stuff/altitude restriction work in Atti mode?

Pretty sure I'm going to get one unless it's a faff due to living in an enhanced warning zone or its limited to 120m

Thanks all

Neil
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

im sure the geo fencing limitations only come with up to date firmware and your new drone will prob come with oldish firmware in it ....

500m is your lot ....
2016-3-1
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112477 ft
United Kingdom

BASS 666 Posted at 2016-3-1 22:52
im sure the geo fencing limitations only come with up to date firmware and your new drone will prob  ...

Cool, so 500m I'm happy with, in terms of firmware does that mean you don't 'need' to update it, I.e. If I download latest version of DJI go app it won't tell me to update Phantom before it will work?
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Orange5ive Posted at 2016-3-1 23:05
Cool, so 500m I'm happy with, in terms of firmware does that mean you don't 'need' to update it, I ...

I have the old app and old firmware so im ok and don't quote me on this but I think the new app has something in it but I don't know if you still need to have the latest firmware for it to be a package that gives you geo fencing ... someone will be along im sure to help you out a bit better cause I don't bother with firmware upgrades so im not sure about some things ....  if it comes with old firmware you don't have to update it but you might not be able to get the old version of the app anymore ....
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules