5394 16 2016-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone use this app instead of the DJI Go app? I've always flown using the Go app.

Any feedback appreciated...

-WBK  

2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

some people like to fly waypoints with Litchi.  For my needs DJI Go is more then enough
2016-3-4
Use props
bernie
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-4 10:00
some people like to fly waypoints with Litchi.  For my needs DJI Go is more then enough

DJI Go App supports waypoints as Litchi does?
2016-3-4
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-4 04:00

I would use the DJI GO app if it had VR built into the software.
2016-3-4
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-4 17:00

You should give Litchi a chance!
2016-3-4
Use props
Rich in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Autopilot also has great features
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used it, didn't care for it. I usually use litchi app.
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

bernie Posted at 2016-3-4 08:40
DJI Go App supports waypoints as Litchi does?

No it does not.
2016-3-4
Use props
bernie
lvl.1

Germany

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2016-3-4 16:29
You should give Litchi a chance!

hi,
do all waypoints have to be programmed within the app with Litchie?
2016-3-4
Use props
HMArnold
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

I've been using Ultimate Flight now for over 6 months, well over 200 autonomous flights with 2 Phantom Pro 3 platforms.

Besides the ability to create your own missions within the app, this app does allow you to create your own missions on any computer as CSV files, then load an fly them with Ultimate Flight.

This capability allows you to create very complicated flights for tasks like capturing images to create 3D models and orthophotos in Agisoft Photoscan.

The reason I first chose to use this app was that the technical support is immediate and knowledgeable. It is very rare to see a question asked without an informed answer the same day.

With Ultimate Flight I have flown agricultural survey missions of up to 300 acres on a single battery that align properly to an orthophoto in Photoscan. I have used it to complete wildlife surveys over forests, islands, and open areas.

Here is a link to the Ultimate Flight Forum where I posted a mission to do a volume calculation on a large storage area with various piles of asphalt and aggregate:

https://groups.google.com/forum/ ... antom-3/_ciqotPMK70

To get the required 3D resolution, this mission required orbit waypoints, several legs where the platform was flying sideways to keep the camera facing towards the target, altitude changes, as well as camera gimbal changes.

The app supports importing recent orthophotos to use as the Google Earth background for missions where the image available on Google Earth is not recent enough to show the structures and hazards in a given area. T

Every mission flown with the app records it's own flight log file that is immediately available for use in CSV format. These flight log files can be opened in any spreadsheet program and show the normal values of Lat, Lon, GPS Altitude, Height Above Ground, speed, distance, as well as Pitch (gimbal angle), Roll, and Yaw (platform heading) that I use to increase the accuracy of Photoscan camera alignment.

Ultimate flight also hosts interactive panorama results for free

Here is an example:

http://kenargo.com/AndroidApps/U ... 0001%20Panorama.htm

As with any emerging technology, Ultimate Flight is evolving daily, so I keep one tablet/platform combination on a older, stable version that I fly for complex missions, than another that I use to help test new versions as they are released.

With Ultimate Flight you can define a mission that flies by itself from auto-takeoff to auto-landing.

I have significant experience with the S1000+/A2/PC Ground Station system, and Ultimate Flight is so much better and easier to use that I don't use my S1000+ any more unless I want to fly my NDVI camera.

Ultimate Flight makes Phantom platforms into photogrammetric workhorses.

Hank
Texas
HMArnold@msn.com
2016-3-4
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

bernie Posted at 2016-3-4 11:44
hi,
do all waypoints have to be programmed within the app with Litchie?

Technically no.  There are ways to import external data as waypoints.  I, however, have never seen the need to.

Within Litchi, you can save and recall MANY flight paths so you don't have to re-program them each time.  Unless you want to of course.  Its easy to copy the files from device to device (copied mine from my Galaxy S5 to my nVidia Shield when I got it).

Unlike GO, with Litchi you can pre-program the flight path while sitting at home.  Even without it connected to the RC.

And thats just the tip of the iceberg with what Litchi has to offer over GO.
2016-3-4
Use props
bernie
lvl.1

Germany

HMArnold Posted at 2016-3-4 20:37
I've been using Ultimate Flight now for over 6 months, well over 200 autonomous flights with 2 Phant ...

Hi Hank,
thanks for all these informations - the possibility e.g. with the CSV-files are really great and convinced me.
I am going to use Ultimate Flight too.
Bernie
2016-3-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Yeah,  the Litchi app is well set up for waypoint flights.  You can program the waypoints in advance by placing them on the map,  or you can just draw the course you want and Litchi will auto create the waypoints.  You can specify camera direction and speed and height for each waypoint.  You can program it to record video until it gets to a certain way point,  then have it automatically do a panorama photo shoot,  and you can specify how many shots in the pano.  You can have it return home and land after the flight,  or go to the end waypoint and then reverse course back to the first or just loop the waypoints until rth.  You can adjust any waypoint in real time.  It does more,  but those are things I have done so far.  Plus,  it has vr for my goggles built in.
2016-3-4
Use props
Rich in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

As soon as Litchi ports all the functionality to IOS devices I will use it.  Right now it only has waypoint and orbit on the iPad I use.
2016-3-4
Use props
bernie
lvl.1

Germany

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-5 00:13
Yeah,  the Litchi app is well set up for waypoint flights.  You can program the waypoints in advance ...

the panorama photo shoot so far only works with android, right? not yet with iOS
2016-3-5
Use props
bernie
lvl.1

Germany

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-5 00:13
Yeah,  the Litchi app is well set up for waypoint flights.  You can program the waypoints in advance ...

what happens if the remote controller loses connection to phantom?
continue flight or rth?
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

bernie Posted at 2016-3-5 02:06
what happens if the remote controller loses connection to phantom?
continue flight or rth?

Don't know about the panorama with the ios,  I use android.  But as far as waypoint flight goes,  you can turn off the controller and it will still complete the waypoint flight.  When it finishes the flight,  I suppose it will depend on what you have programmed it to do on completion.  I have not experimented with that yet.  But I think it will only rth under low battery condition when doing waypoint flight,  unless programmed to rth at end of flight.
One of the things they advertise for the litchi is the ability to program a flight that would take you out of radio coverage.  (  I know it's illegal,  I point this out to demonstrate ).  In other words,  behind trees or buildings that will block the signal.  The problem with this is you have to be very careful programming the waypoints.  It is very easy to hit something because you either did not know it was there ,  forgot it was there or did not allow enough margin for error.

2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules